Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting boots
9 July 2014, 13:28,
RE: Interesting boots
Vibram know their stuff, and I believe they're right with the 5 fingers. They just made claims that didn't have the evidence to back up what they said.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 August 2014, 13:51,
RE: Interesting boots
(8 July 2014, 17:20)Scythe13 Wrote: That's quite a post CH.

The fun of that matter is...the claims were not backed up by scientific research.

This does not mean the claims are untrue. It certainly does not mean the product in question is bad for you. It just means the company made a claim about a product that had no evidence to back it up, that's all.

I've been wearing Vibrams for years and I love them. I've worn them in summer and winter. Granted they're not the best in the snow. I would actually advise against them in snow!

In regards to Dev's questions about stones and the alike. I've never had a nail or anything pierce my V5F's. But in them you are much more cautious where you tread. You do feel the surface you're walking on much more. There is not the protection if you bang your foot on something. You are much more in ganger of getting stabbed between the toes if you're treading down thorns. But the comfort of everyday wear, the light weight, the versatility, and the adaptability make them ideal for me.

Because of the lack of heel cushioning, you are forced to WALK much more slowly, and if you're going to transition to them for running, your calves will be f**ked for a while. I can happily do a 5-10k and not feel my calves ache afterwards any more than anyone else would. But time has allowed me to adapt, same as anyone else looking for V5F's as running aids. I can happily run the same speed in them, but my muscle ache is much lower now that I'm running in them.

Personally, I love them! Granted they stink to high heaven, because I don't wear finger socks with them, but that aside...love them.

There have been no claims to the best of my knowledge, that suggest that V5F shoes are bad for your health.

Everyone I know that wears them loves them and they are super comfortable.

Completely agree. Most comfortable footwear I've ever had. You're much more aware of where, and what, you're putting your foot down on with the 5fingers. I can walk around inside and out, even on gravel, without making a sound. So quiet I can even sneak up on Winston.

Running in them is a bit weird to start with though, kind of bounce on the toes (as if going up hill or stairs) until you get used to it. I've still not got it right, but then I don't run, so it's not hugely important to me.

Only problem I've had is when pushing the trolley round the supermarket. Kick the wheels and you certainly know about it.

I wouldn't want to be wearing them in a riot, but I've warn mine for weeks when out and about on the busy underground system here in the city and so far I've never been trodden on.