Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebola kicks in.
3 August 2014, 19:35,
ebola kicks in.
first outbreak in birmingham quickly followed by london , tv news says nothing to fear.
usa stops all flights from uk / europe follows soon after, all ports and private ariports closed .
tv news still says nothing to fear.
outbreakes now in liverpool , belfast, glasglow.
reports of food shortages, in the south.
tv news now says , stay at home dont go to work only go out if you really must.

so what you going to do...Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 August 2014, 20:45,
RE: ebola kicks in.
Buy a large number of surgical masks; stock up on foodstuffs to boost my supplies ; warn friends and family of what I was doing, and shut down until the worst was over.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
4 August 2014, 01:32,
false alarm , i bet the staff and passangers totally $h^^ themselfs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ebo...es-3977051
Survive the jive (youtube )
4 August 2014, 13:37, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2014, 13:37 by Devonian.)
MaryN - You may have left it a bit late if you looking to buy masks after an outbreak....

Also surgical masks do not provide protection to the person wearing them, they prevent those wearing them from spitting and dribbling on others Wink

Best bet is to stock up on FFP2 or preferably FFP3 disposable respirators as they provide a seal on your face (unlike surgical masks) and therefore filter everything you inhale.
4 August 2014, 20:09,
I'm not convinced that FFP3 will do the trick when it comes to Ebola.
Having said that they are better than nothing and shouldn't cost more than £3 each - probably less.

(these would be good in a pandemic flu situation)

This instructional leaflet should prove useful.

.pdf   guide-ffp3-leaflet-v2.pdf (Size: 424.98 KB / Downloads: 6)

In an Ebola situation, I would be looking for a 3M HEMA mask but they aint cheap. A full face variant would be in excess of £70 - I mean thats seven bottles of Harveys Bristol Cream !!
5 August 2014, 04:18,
Just stay at home, lock the doors, turn on the Telly, and pour yourself a Harvey's, Love. 8-)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
5 August 2014, 21:33,
Ebola in Morocco

http://allafrica.com/stories/201408041541.html
15 August 2014, 21:10,
I was discussing this with a friend that is a doctor with our VA hospital system.

She was unconcerned due to the scope of the problem and the presence of a serum that seems to work.

The industrialized nations WILL be able to combat this.

Why?

Because it kills people so quickly the medical industry can not make any money off the disease itself.

They have to find a way to stop the disease because that is the only way they can make money from the disease!
15 August 2014, 21:36,
sounds bang on right to me MB had the same debate yesterday but.......there again I am a nut case ....most of the time I say nothing at all.....less I am talking to a complete idiot with one brain cell........it happens a lot nowadays....I mean single cell beings .