Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Arms S410 TDR PCP
28 August 2014, 20:58,
Air Arms S410 TDR PCP
Currently I am investigating the "options" available after TSHTF from the S410TDR ( Take down rifle) because if the detachable stock can be replaced by an over rider and the silencer is left off it could offer a 10 shot, 12 ft pound air PISTOL. But its the price that is putting my off at the moment.

29 August 2014, 14:31,
RE: Air Arms S410 TDR PCP
I have a Tdr, fine air rifle does the job, it wont work without the butt fitted, a requirement to keep it legal, don't know if it is possible to modify, but to be honest I don't see the point.

I recon if you wanted to have an over powered air pistol you might as easily uprate an off the shelf pistol with far less hassle.

An alternative that I have done in the past is to mod the Crossman ratcatcher, the butt can be replaced with just pistol grips and there is plenty of info on line about tweeking a Ratty and plenty of parts available.
I moded one to have a removable butt for back packing and it was not intended to be used as a pistol, but still illegal never the less, very easy to revert the mod for general use though. I have some pics of it floating around the internet either from years ago I will try and track them down and post them up.
29 August 2014, 19:43,
RE: Air Arms S410 TDR PCP
Thanks for the info about the Rat Catcher its appreciated, I would not mind tracking down one of the old Crossmann King Ratcatchers with the 88cm gas bottle Smile