Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GHB Clothing Change
18 September 2014, 22:30, (This post was last modified: 18 September 2014, 22:33 by Scythe13.)
GHB Clothing Change
A while back I said about my decision to kit out with as much multi-cam gear as possible for clothing. My reasoning was simple, stay as hidden as possible and be able to disappear as quickly as possible.

I am reassessing this at the moment and would really appreciate as much input on this as possible.

I'm playing with 2 thought processes.

1. Stick with multi-cam and black tshirt. Better concealment, ease of movement, potentially be seen as someone not to mess with.

2. Go with more 'sporty' gear for ease of movement, but carry a couple of more stealthy items.

The change is quite significant, and could well be weather dependent.

At the moment I'm considering a slightly larger bag, just to carry an extra hoodie and poncho.

What I'm thinking is to have the image of a guy out on a long run with a hydration bag. However, in the bag I will have a camo hunting hoodie, waterproof camo tarp, a textured camo 'hunting' poncho, and camo waterproof jacket. However, the clothing I would be seen running about in would simply be shorts and tshirt. The idea is for even greater ease of movement/speed, while still holding the capability to disappear into the background with my additional clothing items. So instead of wearing them, I'd be carrying them. Extra weight to the pack would be about 3kg max.

So, if there was a major SHTF situation that's just happened, and you see a guy running down the road with a normal sized backpack, would that be of more interest than a guy running through the woods/fields that you may not even see?

And herein lies my problem. Maximum concealment, or speed/ease of movement?

There is always the option of camo shorts and tshirt, then camo painting my bare skin, but that'll be a load of effort and it'll probably just make me look like a right weirdo if anyone actually saw me.

If I go with the running gear, I will be more open to the option of running along the roads. The camo gear does restrict movement to more off road rural areas. However, if an event has only just happened, the odds of everyone going crazy and trying to hunt/kill other people is going to be REALLY low. So the ease of movement and speed is a major factor.

Oh the problems.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 September 2014, 23:08,
RE: GHB Clothing Change
I'd say a combination of kit , you may need to blend in with your suroundings if your journey home takes day's or a guy running with a Bergen in shorts/ron hill tracksters for an hour or two is not so unusual....my bag in the car has a dpm goretex over suit and various warm bits(hat/scarf/gloves)obviously no running gear as I'm way past running but I expect to be wearing my work uniform or my usual tog's jeans/boots/waxed jacket so I don't expect to stick out like a sore thumb and I do have the capability to merge with the scenery should the need arise......deffo think you should cover both bases but being frugal
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
18 September 2014, 23:28,
If you are talking solely about a 'Getting Home' situation, then I wouldn't worry about any camo gear at all, as you (should!) be on the move fairly early and most of the sheeple will still be coming to terms that something has or is going wrong. Even those that realise are likely to simply just stay put and wonder what is happening and what should we do.

So by the time that things start getting dangerous, especially in this part of the world, I would hope that you were already back at home.

With regards to clothing colours in general, although I do have some, I tend to avoid it as I think after a situation it could easily send out the wrong message about who you are, especially if you are all kitted out in the latest multi cam. I prefer greens and browns, I even find that black is often too much of a contrast and stands out easily against green hedges, trees, fields and bricks/concrete. I do however carry a lightweight camo poncho in my GHB which should enables me to hunker down and remain more concealed in the fields if needed.

Just my thoughts.
19 September 2014, 01:10,
Normally I would be confident of making it home from work as it's only 10 miles but just say for instance something happened last Saturday when I was in Nottingham for a basketball tournament....say an EMP so that's the car screwed I'm now 110 miles from home with just my GHB and to cap it all movement restrictions/martial law has been enacted boy would I be glad of some camo then....you just never know what you might need and when you might need it!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!