Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One hour of electricity per day
28 September 2014, 17:52,
RE: One hour of electricity per day
(28 September 2014, 17:33)bigpaul Wrote: just talked to my better half, she says your quite right, so my mistake!!!!

No worries Wink
28 September 2014, 19:35,
I actually think we'd buy a TV and use that time with as many battery charger's plugged in and enjoy that one hour watching TV (the news). It's probably the safest hour of the day as everyone would be distracted and doing stuff.

The wife would probably hoover the house. As it's an hour a day it means the washing machine and dish washer could go on every few days as normal.

To be fair, I'm not massively sure it would effect out lifestyle.

Charge as much stuff as possible and we'd end up buying as many auxiliary batteries as we could get our hands on.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 September 2014, 20:56,
Run fridge and freezers to maintain their integrity; do the washing; hoover round; get the ironing up to speed. Then spend any time left checking the internet.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 September 2014, 21:00,
I've got a single solar panel available to recharge laptops, phones etc plus a few wind up / solar / battery powered radios to keep me in contact with the media sources, if the power is only available when I am out I'll just leave the devices I need like the washer switched on. Cooking wise I've got mains gas and bottle gas cookers and fires, for illumination there are battery lanterns, candles and lanterns, light sticks etc

30 September 2014, 06:48,
I guess it depends on whether the one hour per day is for everybody or just residential. If the whole city / country only has one hour per day, I would be bugging out ASAP, as most jobs would disappear and everyone would be out looking for food etc.
If its just residential and everywhere else is normal (like some of the slums in India and Africa, which appear to work fine), then I guess I would be filling water containers, boiling water (as we have to anywhere before drinking it), doing the laundry and charging up any appliances I couldn't get charged at work.
2 November 2014, 16:06,
Having been thinking about this recently, one thing I would definitely do is have a nice hot shower!!
2 November 2014, 16:18,
mug of coffee and a bacon butty would be top of my list Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.