Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "sound" of Silence.
16 October 2014, 12:29,
RE: The "sound" of Silence.
I love the silence and peace and quiet, but rarely get to experience it.

The best time is doing a midnight walk along the SW Coast path with the dog, there will still be various guls making a noise and even on a still night you hear the water lapping against the riverbank, but it's great and very peaceful.

Also you don't realise, until you have a power cut, just how much background noise there is around you, fans on fridges, humming TV's/VDU's and the worst of all is those bloody fans on the computers and servers, what a difference it makes when they go off!!
16 October 2014, 12:58,
If you find the silent place in your mind, it doesn't matter where you are
Ooooom
16 October 2014, 22:05,
Bloody Hippies lol.....love silence and solitude...work alone on 12 hour shifts in the middle of nowhere....it's one aspect of a power down SHTF scenario I look forward too....I live between two houses one noisy and one quiet(cul de sac) didn't sleep well for a while in the quiet house when we first got it but I love it now.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 October 2014, 05:21,
I'll be happy to get some silence! In China it seems that people freak out when it's quiet -- whenever I go to someone's place, there is inevitably always a TV or music blaring. Not to mention the fact that the older generation seem unable to communicate without shouting.

Then again, even after SHTF, I think I'd need to be pretty far out of civilization to be somewhere quiet.
17 October 2014, 08:02,
(17 October 2014, 05:21)Jace Wrote: I'll be happy to get some silence! In China it seems that people freak out when it's quiet --

that's exactly what I'm talking about Jace(and not just in China).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.