Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sweeds in a stew
22 October 2014, 11:25,
sweeds in a stew
as Sweden hunts for Russian subs in its own waters

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oc...l-military

could this be the start of a new cold war...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 October 2014, 11:59,
RE: sweeds in a stew
been going on for years its like the jets testing the raf off Scotland
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
22 October 2014, 18:47,
I am of the opinion that these news flashes are intended to test the reaction of OUR population.

These intrusions have been going on from the establishment of any borders as probing tests of military reaction time. We do the same thing. (the Olympic sport of biathlon is descended from this military recon activity)

Suddenly they are being reported as if they were the precursor to invasion.

TPTB simply want to know the emotional reaction of the public so it can be best exploited.
22 October 2014, 19:18,
Nail hit square on the head MB.
22 October 2014, 21:29, (This post was last modified: 22 October 2014, 21:30 by Mortblanc.)
I have a very close friend that spent 20 years as a sonar operator on our "boomers" (nuke missile subs). His primary job was tracking Russian subs.

He told me that every Soviet sub had an American "fast attack" sub assigned to follow it around anywhere in the world.

He has also told me that US/NATO has enough sonar buoys placed on the ocean floor to track a guppy around the equator.

They know exactly where every Russian sub is at any moment in time without need for al the displayed dramatics.

And that was the technology of the 1990s!
22 October 2014, 22:16,
(22 October 2014, 21:29)Mortblanc Wrote: I have a very close friend that spent 20 years as a sonar operator on our "boomers" (nuke missile subs). His primary job was tracking Russian subs.

He told me that every Soviet sub had an American "fast attack" sub assigned to follow it around anywhere in the world.

He has also told me that US/NATO has enough sonar buoys placed on the ocean floor to track a guppy around the equator.

They know exactly where every Russian sub is at any moment in time without need for al the displayed dramatics.

And that was the technology of the 1990s!

Strange that they can't find pirated oil tankers or crashed planes then.
22 October 2014, 23:17,
(22 October 2014, 22:16)Steve Wrote: Strange that they can't find pirated oil tankers or crashed planes then.

They can, if it suits them.

One does not reveal to one's enemy the technological capabilities one has, and where they are located, for such foolish uses.
23 October 2014, 05:58,
it stopped when the cold war ended but started again with Putin (ex kgb)
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/