Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules?
3 November 2014, 00:13,
RE: Rules?
if its gone tu , the rules change minit by minit , innit.
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 November 2014, 07:50,
Good point Midnight.

No rules written down yet, but there is a real need for them in a Bug In situation in order to maintain security, hygiene, systems and stores.

I bet NR will join in on this thread shortly with a list of rules that he has squirreled away somewhere:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 November 2014, 10:37,
Living to my rules now. Will adapt as needs must but general moral and ethical rules are the only way to go.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 November 2014, 17:31,
Rules are a necessity, but there are two sets of rules.

There are the rules of civilized, safe life, And the rules of war, trauma and disaster.

The most common problem is not being able to identify the two sets of rules and apply them accordingly.

Living by the rules of polite society during a war will get one killed.

Applying the wartime rules in polite society will get one locked down on some ward in a VA hospital with everyone screaming PTSD, or living alone seeking out "like minded" nutters on the computer.

The folk that can not adapt to the trauma rules do not bother us so much. Most are dead and buried.

The folk that attempt to live by trauma rules when civilized rules should be in force give us fits, bad press, and a bad reputation for stored canned goods.

The real problem is when folk fail to recognize the two sets of rules and attempt to hold a group accountable to one set of rules when another set of rules should be in place.

An example is the "21 foot rule".

Today, in normal society it is assumed that each person has a "personal space bubble" of about 3 feet.

In a violent crisis that bubble extends to 21 feet, the distance that is required to respond to a knife attack, and the bubble extends to meet the range of the most common weapon used by the enemy.

While "normal people" in the present day talk things out and negotiate, our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan were under orders to fire on any truck, car, motorcycle or donkey cart that came within 100 meters of their convoy or checkpoint, no questions asked and no exceptions. (My youngest son blew up a chicken truck and killed three camels on his first tour) That "rule" saved many British and American lives but wrecked havoc on the camel, chicken and white truck population of both countries.

During peaceful times the "rules" are called etiquette, manners or laws.

During hostile times the "rules" are called tactics, or standard operating procedures (SOP).
3 November 2014, 18:08,
both sets of "your" rules come under the heading of OPSEC or more correctly "Situational Awareness", even in the good times living in a city I was always aware of who was near me/behind me/approaching me so that I could take the appropriate action to avoid/ confront/delay any possible behaviour, in some of the less "salubrious" areas of the city without this behaviour I wouldn't have lived as long as I have!!! when I see people heads down walking down the street(sometimes in the road) playing with their mobiles/using headphones/jogging/cycling without being aware of what is going on around them I despair of the human race.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2014, 22:05,
only trust yourself.
3 November 2014, 22:06,
LS said

I bet NR will join in on this thread shortly with a list of rules that he has squirreled away somewhere:-)

Not any more LS my old chum Smile I'm perfectly happy to let the vocal minority produce the articles and lists now.

6 November 2014, 19:59,
:-) Understood NR :-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 November 2014, 21:17,
Fair enough, the rules for my Bug Out.

Bucket’s bug-in rules
1. I (bucket) am in charge.
2. Tell me when we’re running out of something
3. Especially bog roll.
4. Nobody knows we’re here – keep it that way, so no loud noise or bright lights
5. The radio is a loud noise- don’t turn the volume knob past the red mark.
6. Only recharge something if it’s down to one bar on the battery
7. If you filled it, empty it.
8. Spare batteries are given out only when necessary
9. Tea bags can make more than one cup of tea, although five is the maximum.
10. Don’t use more bog roll than is necessary.
11. If you filled it, empty it.
12. Anybody coming near is hostile until proven otherwise. Doubly so if look like government.
13. If in doubt ask, no such thing as a stupid question.
14. Although “how long are we hiding for ?” may qualify soon.
15. Being bored is not an option, check the “to do” list.
16. Stupidity, or wanton breaking of stuff will mean bog roll privileges will be revoked.

Main rule – DON’T BE A NUMPTY AND DO SOMETHING THAT HURTS OR EXPOSES THE GROUP.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
7 November 2014, 10:02,
Looks like people are filling things and not emptying them in your place.

I'm refining my rules and will post them in due course. They look a lot different to yours.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin