Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you......
2 November 2014, 21:45,
RE: Would you......
Interesting scenario. I think I would head down to the shops to see what the situation was, just in case a useful opportunity arose, whilst endeavouring to look desperate and uninterested at the same time. I wouldn't want to risk anything.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 November 2014, 00:07,
how would you know if tshtf remember the London riots ,same film of the burning bus on bbc , itv , sky , total blackout.
if it was that bad would the ptb cut the net , radio...?
we see this sort of thing in Africa all the time ,just in the last few days some place out their one leaders run off and 2 different generals have said they were in charge,thing is it almost never happens in the west so we have nothing to go on.

I did say on here some time ago , watch the royals they always get tipped off , chas did just befor the 08 crash ,just enough time to sell his shaires.
Survive the jive (youtube )
3 November 2014, 00:19,
(3 November 2014, 00:07)Sunna Wrote: how would you know if tshtf remember the London riots ,same film of the burning bus on bbc , itv , sky , total blackout.
if it was that bad would the ptb cut the net , radio...?
we see this sort of thing in Africa all the time ,just in the last few days some place out their one leaders run off and 2 different generals have said they were in charge,thing is it almost never happens in the west so we have nothing to go on.

I did say on here some time ago , watch the royals they always get tipped off , chas did just befor the 08 crash ,just enough time to sell his shaires.

I would expect emergency broadcasts would be made on Radio/TV if martial law (or similar) was declared.
3 November 2014, 07:32,
Assuming I couldn't get to any of my BOLs, I would be stuck in our apartment, hopefully with the whole extended family there (so the missus wouldn't be worried about them), but then with the extra mouths to feed...then again, also with the extra manpower also available.

Having seen the fights that happen with runs on food at the shops over the past few years when shortages were expected (with ROL), I would be staying well away. However, I would be trying to make surreptitious visits to places like my office complex, which has two cafeterias, its own cafe, a mini-mart and hundreds of those 20L bottles of water in storage; not to mention whatever other stuff could be scrounged from people's desks. This of course may be risky (could be shot as a looter), however I think it would be safer than getting to the shops and having to confront a mob trying to do the same; not to mention armed police etc trying to keep order.
3 November 2014, 11:58,
the thing is I'm not sure if "martial law" in the UK is even doable, out of a population of 64 million we have nationally 136,000 Police(that's the same as the population of Exeter) and 80,000 Troops( and not of them will be in this country to start with), I have always thought that TPTB will try and hang on to control in London(their power base) and a few places like Birmingham and Manchester and 1 or 2 others but places like the far south west which is always at the end of everything will more than likely be left to fend for itself, the local police and any troops will be send to the Home Counties to keep control there like they did in the riots.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2014, 12:11,
(3 November 2014, 11:58)bigpaul Wrote: the thing is I'm not sure if "martial law" in the UK is even doable, out of a population of 64 million we have nationally 136,000 Police(that's the same as the population of Exeter) and 80,000 Troops( and not of them will be in this country to start with), I have always thought that TPTB will try and hang on to control in London(their power base) and a few places like Birmingham and Manchester and 1 or 2 others but places like the far south west which is always at the end of everything will more than likely be left to fend for itself, the local police and any troops will be send to the Home Counties to keep control there like they did in the riots.

Yes I agree, all security personnel will be deployed to protect the major cities and other installations of national importance....

But certainly not your local market town.
3 November 2014, 12:32, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2014, 12:53 by bigpaul.)
(3 November 2014, 12:11)Devonian Wrote: Yes I agree, all security personnel will be deployed to protect the major cities and other installations of national importance....

But certainly not your local market town.

yes, as usual, we will be left to fend for ourselves. if its in the first few days I wonder if most sheeple in places like this will of even heard?? there are lots of people these days to don't watch the news or buy a newspaper apart from maybe the local rag, I wonder if its possible to go around and actually BUY up a lot of extra supplies before anyone locally cottons on.

I'm not going to be anywhere when others are rioting...that's just asking for trouble.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2014, 16:38,
Although this thread has been covered before ...its a good reminder.....and its what I fear most , it would depend on how I see it, early I would blow some money on what ever ...I mean day one..or before, truck trailer would be ready to rock but hidden, I would tend to lock down TBH and wait it out a bit is the way. I am thinking now ....thing is I would feel safer in the knowledge of where live and being familier with threats and weaknesses and strenghs , BOLs I have sorted but getting there if I leave it late is another thing , the longer is more dangerous. I think yourl location is important ..at the end of the day it will comet down to how you read it where you live .....right or wrong is up to you.
3 November 2014, 16:48,
TBH I don't think TSHTF is going to happen out of the blue, one day its not here the next it is? no, I think it will be a domino effect of several things which will combine to bring about societal collapse, the more we keep our eyes and ears out the sooner we will realise its coming, whilst the sheeple will still be planning next years summer holiday or what to buy little johnnie for his birthday and will be completely oblivious to anything outside their mundane little lives, and the first they will know is when the lights go off.
3 November 2014, 17:11,
Yep that's about it BP.....my thoughts exactly