Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Brew
5 November 2014, 18:45,
RE: Home Brew
Yes i am aware of ageing wine SD , but never seemed to keep it long enough to be honest, i have been thinking back all day ....and remembered this , when i made it , i had loads of elderberries , to much for just one gallon.....so got out my beer brewing butt , then brewed the lot, this was about two thirds full, when that stopped working i tipped and filtered into the clear glass five gal demi, then i was about a gallon short of the neck ( reading the recipe again it said to fill to the TOP, so i filled it with boiled water then added the rubber cork, the colour was pink like , i though then i had buggered it up hence to time lapse....i did taste it once on thought it weak, the colour now is deep red. It is fair to say its the best i have ever made, i have used those kits and had great results ....who has.nt ....this stuff beats any of that , by pure luck, until this thread of marys that is the truth.....when i have made proper homemade wine in the past there has ALWAYS been some issues,but not with this, i would like to point out NO air lock was used in the glass demi....yes i said no air lock......MANY THANKS MARY xx

Messages In This Thread
Home Brew - by MaryN - 4 November 2014, 08:50
RE: Home Brew - by NorthernRaider - 4 November 2014, 12:25
RE: Home Brew - by Straight Shooter - 4 November 2014, 16:43
RE: Home Brew - by NorthernRaider - 4 November 2014, 16:46
RE: Home Brew - by Straight Shooter - 4 November 2014, 22:36
RE: Home Brew - by Skean Dhude - 5 November 2014, 09:08
RE: Home Brew - by MaryN - 5 November 2014, 09:48
RE: Home Brew - by Straight Shooter - 5 November 2014, 18:45
RE: Home Brew - by MaryN - 5 November 2014, 20:32