Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vestey Foods MRE
6 November 2014, 14:47,
Vestey Foods MRE
just come across these on Ebay, anyone had any experience of these? any good?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 November 2014, 12:23,
RE: Vestey Foods MRE
bet they taste bloody good when you don't have any food at allSmilebritish army rat packs are better ,had the USA rat packs not the best in my humble opinion
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 November 2014, 12:37, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2014, 12:38 by NorthernRaider.)
The name Vestey rings a bell, are they one of the suppliers for the modern military rations?...... hold on a sec......

Just checked my GHB I've got a few rations of Boil In Bag Beans and pork sausages in a foil pack, I got them out of those rat packs I bought from EVAC8 last month they are made by Vestey

Yank MREs= MRE Meals Refused by Ethiopians Smile

7 November 2014, 12:45,
Looking online the shelf life is advertised as 18 months to 2 years, so may not be ideal if you are looking for long term storage.
7 November 2014, 13:08,
I think the Mountain Warehouse range ( think that's what its called) has a shelf life up to 3 or 5 years

7 November 2014, 13:11, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2014, 13:13 by Devonian.)
The freeze dried Mountain House tins (which I think are the same as the packets) are good for 25+ years....

Yep 25 years:

http://evaq8.co.uk/Mountain-House-Freeze...hilli.html