Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossbow mods
9 November 2014, 14:08,
Crossbow mods
Has anyone on here ever shortened a full size rifle crossbow to make a pistol grip crossbow ?
The average length is usually about 35", having it shortened imo makes it easily packed away in a bag ..and lighter if it has solid wood stock, with the foot stirrup removed it "could" make it as short as 23" !
The couple of possible negative points would be....imo... the loss of stock for support when taking a shot standing etc, and maybe whilst cocking it standing...a spacer bar and butt end cud easily make a skeleton stock.
Close quarter combat would I think be a plus point as in confined spaces, when using a cocking rope etc. Holding it in one hand is possible for a quick shot I guess ,due to the weight saved from the existing stock.
So ....my question is...has anyone already done this ? Cheers RW
9 November 2014, 14:13,
RE: Crossbow mods
There was an article on here, showing a folding/collapsible crossbow recently
9 November 2014, 14:28,
There isn't much extra on a full length crossbow to remove, just the stock and as it would still be as heavy then holding it in a pistol grip would be some feat.

I just don't see how this would work nor what use it would be.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 November 2014, 14:30,
(9 November 2014, 14:13)Spandex228 Wrote: There was an article on here, showing a folding/collapsible crossbow recently

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=7258
9 November 2014, 16:11,
Cheers Dev, I saw that folding crossbow, I fancied the idea of shortening stock as mines heavy wood and possible wanted a lighter, one you cud hold closer in to your chest ....and transport It in a back pack easier as mine can be taken apart with prod still strung. Also maybe putting a fold down middle grip of high impact plastic....the current one under the barrel is wood too.
Just a thought at the moment......Wink