Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting article on many medical and hygiene treatments
11 November 2014, 10:03,
Interesting article on many medical and hygiene treatments
This is handy not only does it show that many shop bought treatments are useless but it suggests better home made stuff that works just as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...wipes.html

11 November 2014, 12:24,
RE: Interesting article on many medical and hygiene treatments
good article NR ......for a cough i always use honey and lemon plus a drop of whiskey , the whiskey is just in case the honey fails....and you tend not to care that much.
11 November 2014, 12:32,
I use southern comfort and coke, it doesn't stop the cough but after three or four I don't give a toss anymore Smile

11 November 2014, 20:39,
Nothing to beat good old honey and lemon if the lurgy has found you. A hot bowl of soup is also quite a nice pick-me-up - particularly tomato with some crisps on the side. Actually, if you are coming down with the flu or a heavy cold, I reckon the best way to feel better is to have a hot bath (or shower), get into a bed made up fresh with clean sheets and sip the above concoction. If that doesn't work you are probably on the way out!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
11 November 2014, 21:47, (This post was last modified: 11 November 2014, 21:49 by Straight Shooter.)
But freshly made tomato soup mary ...with a nice dash of freshly crushed black pepper....loaf of fresh bread ....its the high life for me !

Or dried elderflower....crush the flower into boiling cup of water, 1 teaspoon of honey....and just sip away....i know its old but it works for me.
12 November 2014, 12:00,
Very interesting article, note to myself stock up on whisky lots of it, seriously I am going to add lemon juice to my next shopping list
12 November 2014, 12:28,
I know folks who successfully grow lemons and limes on small shrubs in their conservatories and even bathrooms

12 November 2014, 14:50,
You sure do. I have them in my back garden.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 November 2014, 22:11,
You had to bloody top us ....SD lol