Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympic Armageddon
7 January 2012, 13:16,
RE: Olympic Armageddon
I've had this conversation many times, not so easy to move when you have family ties, in my case a Mother who is now dying from cancer, on the up side she won't be around to suffer a shtf event, when she's gone a move will be more on the cards.
Some places are more ideal then others and I am fully aware that Essex is not the best place to be, but having said there are plenty of remote places and I have plans to get out fast ( hopefully) and join a group, survival will depend on mind set, resources, skills and defence, I believe a strong group that has all of the above stands just as good a chance of survival as a group any where else.
7 January 2012, 13:19,
PG So sorry to here about your mum, BUT hey girl at least Essex is not London and that you can use to your advantage, look for the positives where there are some. I hope your right about a strong group.

7 January 2012, 15:14,
sorry to hear about your mum Prepgirl.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2012, 17:20,
Sorry about your Ma PG. We can all only hope we never see SHTF.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
7 January 2012, 18:29,
Sorry to hear about your mother. Family creates ties though regardless of the situation. My M&D are always saying they won't be around to see any event, been saying it for twenty years, they have no intention of moving.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2012, 19:10,
I guess until SHTF we're all stick in the muds. Keep going. Don't stop. The next corner is just round this one. 2012 might see us all running the track and shooting shot put. Lets hope to all the many Gods not and lets hope when we have to, we can.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
7 January 2012, 19:18,
I am actually glad my parents arent around to see the state of the country these days, i can just imagine what my dad would say about the riots last year:" put em all in the army and give them a taste of discipline" i can hear him now!!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2012, 19:24,
My mum told me to get on with my life and do what is best for our children, she has her life and wont leave the city, but she expects me to focus 100% on doing the best for her grandkids, and she accepts that to give them the best chance we had to move well out of Teesside.

7 January 2012, 21:02,
Thank you all.
8 January 2012, 01:57,
sorry to hear that prep girl my mam went that way in 98 she told me to go life my life and be the best dad to my kids when i have them 13 year on 5 kids well away from newcastle best thing i've ever done, the kids have a great school and haven't seen or done a fraction of the shit i've seen my dad 's still alive and in newcastle stubbon old g*t won't move but is happy with what if done with my life and the kids so every cloud has a silver lining no matter how black it is and at the time we can't see it.
god bless.
to win the war, you must be willing to die