Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compound bow advice sought
26 November 2014, 10:22,
RE: Compound bow advice sought
(26 November 2014, 10:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: The UK is the most densely populated place in Europe.

and the more "the masses" think like that, especially post SHTF, the more i'll be pleased!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 November 2014, 10:29,
Damn right Steve, for years we in the west used to look down our noses and laugh with derision at the "" Peasants" behind the iron curtain driving their Ladas and Skodas, Whilst we had DECKING, BBQs, ORNAMENTAL PONDS, PERGOLAS, PRETTY PLANTS etc these Eastern Europeans were often seen on TV with extensive Vegetable Plots surrounding their homes ( Heated by freely sourced wood) chooks wandering around the plot , a few pigs and goats, perhaps a few hutches with rabbits.

We are not laughing now..................

26 November 2014, 11:05,
I have a book about intensive DIY farming, based on 40 years of research in the US but very relevant to us. Much of the content can be found on their website, here is a small "primer" from them;

http://www.growbiointensive.org/PDF/FarmersHandbook.pdf
26 November 2014, 11:40,
post SHTF most "farming" will be of the Subsistence variety, growing enough for you and your family but no excess to sell, this will continue for some considerable time. in North Devon you can still see evidence of the "leper" fields, these were strips of land like a glorified allotment which belonged to each family on which to grow their food + a few(and I do mean a FEW) animals.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 November 2014, 16:04,
(25 November 2014, 14:05)Tartar Horde Wrote: Our Deer are obviously different to yours Mort, that's because they are of a different species. We do not have Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer or any of your species. So of course they are different. Using your logic you could say that Lions and Tigers are the same, they patently are not, that's what I meant. Plus the hunting pressure your Deer experience is exponentially greater than anything our Deer will ever experience simply due to the numbers of people who Hunt with firearms in the USA. Plus how many people "have a pop" at Deer in the USA without ever holding a hunting licence. Your Deer in the USA are constantly being shot and hunted, ours are not.

So you are saying that it is possible to take a species and breed/train the instincts and ability to survive out of that species?

And that none of this species will retain the ability to react to danger as its ancestors instinctively have reacted for millions of years?

What did you people do, give them all educations, free cell phones, video games and benefits packages?
26 November 2014, 16:12, (This post was last modified: 26 November 2014, 16:14 by bigpaul.)
it is possible to domesticate most animals, in the UK we have something I think you don't have in the USA, they are called "deer parks" and usually are located at stately homes and estates. we also don't have the wholesale shooting of deer like in the USA.

there is a deer park just down the road from me, literally within a couple of miles.
26 November 2014, 16:49,
The deer around here have to share the land with us, and most people only photograph them, so though they are cautious they will often stay within a hundred feet of people.

26 November 2014, 16:52,
the ones down the road from me are intrigued when they see people, but I think its more a case of " I wonder if they have any food "Tongue
26 November 2014, 16:53,
The Deer in "urban parks" are often known to charge people and dogs particularly when there are young around.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=deer+attacki...ark+london
26 November 2014, 16:56,
especially if you get between them and their young, but any animal will do that even a cow will.