Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel
23 November 2014, 16:36,
RE: Diesel
Both my vehicles are petrol powered (grrrr) so I've got rid of my cached derv and focusing on petrol, but I'm only going to keep about 60 litres extra. Hopefully when I get another van to play with I can get back to diesel.

23 November 2014, 17:38,
All my vehicles are diesel, wtshtf at least two of the four will run on most oils ...and better chance of getting some derv from most areas ....parked lorries, tractors,heating oil,and most heavy plant runs on derv all over the countryside , got my rubber tube ready right now !!! .....i must stress stealing fuel is wrong and against the law.......my rubber tube is for my vehicles only....of course
23 November 2014, 17:43,
WTSHTF I don't think i'll be going anywhere apart from a few scavenging trips in the early days for which I will have a supply of petrol stored, after that I will be hunkering down. post SHTF I don't expect to be going anywhere.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 November 2014, 17:59,
Very true BP , i will not be driving around the countryside either, its just a part of my plans to BO i have plenty to do this if it comes to it, petrol is for the geny,s ....when its gone its gone......out will come my rubber tube....i would sneak down your place ......but don,t fancy a broadhead in the neck job...lol
23 November 2014, 20:03,
If you don't want to risk it mix it with used engine oil and paint your fence shed etc.doesn't look too bad
24 November 2014, 09:35,
(23 November 2014, 17:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: Very true BP , i will not be driving around the countryside either, its just a part of my plans to BO i have plenty to do this if it comes to it, petrol is for the geny,s ....when its gone its gone......out will come my rubber tube....i would sneak down your place ......but don,t fancy a broadhead in the neck job...lol

yes, like everything else post SHTF, when its gone its gone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 November 2014, 11:10,
YUP when the fuel has gone and the home made bio diesel has gone it will be shank's pony and other manually operated transport or gee gee's , according we bought some mountain bikes last year. I recently tried one out for about 45 minutes, after that I went straight to Halfords and bought one of those natty gel filled seats.

24 November 2014, 12:34,
get a "fat bum" seat their a damn sight more comfortable than a gel seat!!Tongue
24 November 2014, 20:09,
no problem for me......i wheel mine......i can go on for hours ...no pain at all.
25 November 2014, 07:55,
Ether will help start an old engine, or an engine running on old fuel. I use it on my oldest tractor which doesn't have electric glowplugs. An alternative method is to start a small fire near the air intake. Once old diesel engines are running they're not too fussy about fuel, it's starting them that's difficult.

Turning these engines over fast enough to start is going to be a challenge unless we can keep lead acid batteries working, my tractors don't have crank handles and even if they did it would require far more effort than several humans could produce. I have a dump truck that can be started by hand, because it has a small 8hp engine with de-compressors and a huge flywheel, the technique is to crank it as fast as possible with the valves open then quickly close them and let the weight of the flywheel start the engine. This can be done without ether, but takes longer.