Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how far do you take it...?
23 November 2014, 13:03,
how far do you take it...?
how realistic is your prepping...?

to me this depends on your own outlook and mindset ,we all have different views on this but their must be common ground things we all agree on.

it can be as little as putting a few quid away for a rainy day with maybe a few extra tin of food.
right up to underground bunker with enough food,arms ,meds and general stores to last 5 years.

but to you in your view ... whats realistic...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 November 2014, 13:17,
RE: how far do you take it...?
Bit of a short answer here Sunna.

But anything you think is necessary. If you need an underground bunker to make you feel secure then go for it.
Nothing ends well in a bunker though does it, past history and all thatBig Grin
23 November 2014, 13:41, (This post was last modified: 23 November 2014, 13:43 by Midnitemo.)
I take it as far as my budget reasonably permits.....if my funds went up ie huge payrise , bonus , windfall like an inheritance/lottery win then my spending/preps would go up....not happy with my level of preparedness but then who is? you can alway's improve thing's with more money and time.

I'm still miles away from what I consider an acceptable level of readiness...I estimate at least three years.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
23 November 2014, 13:47,
so is their a minimum amount of food that most are happy with.

I like to try to keep at least 3months food stored.
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 November 2014, 14:18,
depends what your prepping for, a lot people would think 3 months worth is enough(I don't).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 November 2014, 14:45,
For me it's all about be self reliant, not necessarily self sufficient, as I do not (currently) grow/farm/hunt/trap enough food etc.

Unemployment is not a concern for me; as for health, well I try and look after myself as best I can (could do better); so my main focus is on 'survival'. At present, there are no real issues and hopefully it stays that way. But, I can see the potential/risk of things going Tango Uniform and so this is what I prep for and I try to make sure that I'm equipped and prepared for any eventualities.
23 November 2014, 15:35,
I take it as far as i can with the funds available ....even if your budget is low ...you can always add in some way , increase your knowledge and skills...read,and make things of use....gardening , water collection, firewood, there are plenty of things to be on with , i am never idle ...there are always things to do with your preps, have i cracked it NO but i always move forwards, i buy food preps every week ...never fail...you can do this even if its a tin of peas, i think its comes down to your perception of what is going on around you...if you feel a real threat...you may think its imminent you will tend to be more focussed or it could be you prep as a insurance ....just in case .... i would prep if i won 30 million on the euro lotto....it would make no difference to me....except i would have it all and i do mean ALL, in short you do what you can because you
know better than most....shit is coming its already started, ultimately it will be down to YOU plain and simple ...what you do NOW by any means will hold you in good stead .
23 November 2014, 16:19,
I'm in the same position as SS, limited funds affect most things. Ive got back up power in the form of a few PV panels but not a full array, I've got a good multi fuel stove and about enough fuel for a year, got GHBs, vehicles, plenty of kit for family, plenty of water storage, plenty of medical kit, modest skill levels on various skills. Just getting by.