Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risk, Acceptable Risk and Unnecessary Risk
7 January 2012, 16:57,
RE: Risk, Acceptable Risk and Unnecessary Risk
We first moved away from Teesside 9 years ago oddly enough to this very village, but my wife absolutely hated it, she could not settle,did not like the commute, was not sure if little one was happy and doing well in school and generally just not happy out here.

So after 1 full year we sold up and moved back, first to a flat then to a nice new house only 100 yards from where we originally lived.
6 months later I found her crying, breaking her heart in fact, she fessed up that coming back to Teesside had been a disaster, and the bairn was doing much worse in a city school than he did in the nice village school, She loved the new house but hated the build up area, the sound of sirens every night, the gangs on the streets the pollution etc. So we sold up and moved back out here again 7 years ago, totally skint, struggling daily to survive but never been so happy and settled as a family.

7 January 2012, 18:26,
I've spent years evaluating risk and we all do it differently. It depends on us as individuals, our skills, our experience, our knowledge and what the event is that we are looking at.

That is why there are so many differences in opinion on what is going to happen, what we need to do to handle it, where we should be living, whether to bug in or bug out and what we need to take with us.

The best bit is that only after an event will we now who was wrong and who was right. In the meantime keep on preparing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2012, 19:21,
(7 January 2012, 18:26)Skean Dhude Wrote: The best bit is that only after an event will we now who was wrong and who was right. In the meantime keep on preparing.

I honestly dont think there is a right or wrong way to prep, either or all options are very good. In my mind there is preppers regardless of flavour and sheeple.

If the SHTF living out here may do me no good if a plane crashes onto my house, or a badly aimed nuke misses Teesside, equally the rioting mobs in the cities may completely ignore the little side street that houses an urban prepper family. I may survive, I may not, you may survive, you may not, but who ever gets through thr collapse and is prepped..........

BUT BUT what does matter completely regardless of what ever triggers the collapse its those of us who survive it and come out the other side to live off our preps who are the winners.

7 January 2012, 20:02,
Baggsy im king...poke your eye no returns n all that...Big Grin
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 January 2012, 20:34,
A nuke for Teeside? What the hell for? Most of us think the place was already nuked that is why we sent the brother in law to Middlesborough. Wink
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2012, 21:51, (This post was last modified: 7 January 2012, 21:52 by NorthernRaider.)
(7 January 2012, 20:34)Skean Dhude Wrote: A nuke for Teeside? What the hell for?

Massive petro chemical area, plus nuclear power station, massive oil refinery, embarkation point for heavy armour being deployed to europe, massive marshalling yards, steel works and damn close to Catterick.Smile
Forgot proximity to Menwith Hill and Fylingdales.

8 January 2012, 01:46,
i've got family in teeside
a nuke would have no effect on the people every time i ask anything they don't know and a bunch of animals too.
no waste of time
no just joking the people there are the same as every where else good and bad
i don't see a nuke anywhere in england but a dirty bomb yes!
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 January 2012, 10:50,
Teessiders are called Smog monsters the way Sunderland folks are Mackems and Newcastle folk are Geordies, I doubt if radio active fallout would have any effect on most of them, besides most of Hartlepool and Middlesbrough is already producing kids with 13 toes, three eyes as it is. Middlesbrough is like Liverpool and Norwich, if a chap introduces you to his mum, sister, wife and, girlfriend and cousin its all the same person. Smile

8 January 2012, 11:31,
there are people like that living near Hinkley Point in Somerset, and all the cats have extra toes!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2012, 12:14,
(8 January 2012, 11:31)bigpaul Wrote: there are people like that living near Hinkley Point in Somerset, and all the cats have extra toes!!

Yarp Smile