Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whisker Bisquits
25 November 2014, 16:16,
RE: Whisker Bisquits
Again I agree 100% with TH , if I could get some decent training from a proper archer to master these one piece four foot long bows I would probably go over to that for the simplicity but I'm advised the shorter the bow the much greater the training that is needed.
I was drooling over a laminated bow in Merlins new shop yesterday, basically a bent stick only 4 ft long but this hairy arsed hippy guy who was using it was frighteningly accurate with it.

25 November 2014, 16:28,
I have a horsebow that is only 40inches long.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 November 2014, 17:05,
The thing with short bows is that can be a bit more "dynamic" than longbows or larger re-curves. My Korean Hwarang Bow is only 47 inches strung, and my Mongol Bow is 53 inches strung and they are very sensitive to stringing and loosing, but they are feather light and can be drawn to 33 inches. A longer Bow is more forgiving in a way and can be sweeter to shoot, but this is a product of design and materials rather than any inherent benefits of one design over another. My Korean Bow is so smooth it's hard to believe it is 60lbs @33inches much smoother than my Mongol Bow, but the Mongol Bow shoots heavier arrows better, there's always a plus and minus. With a small Asiatic style bow you might experience some "finger pinch" if you use the Mediterranean loose, I only use thumb ring.