Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allotments
23 November 2014, 16:34,
Allotments
Bout bloody time I put more effort into food growing, so I've managed at least to take a small step in the right direction, I've been allowed to add my name to the waiting list for an allotment, but better one of the old guys who already has a fabulous veg allotment has agreed to take me under his wing to teach me a bit more about growing veg.

I can grow Toms, onions and Carrots but hopeless at legumes and spuds so hopefully I can learn a bit more.

23 November 2014, 16:37, (This post was last modified: 23 November 2014, 16:39 by bigpaul.)
RE: Allotments
good luck with that, we have had several allotments in the past and I can tell you its bloody hard work. how long is the waiting list in your area? in some places its several years to get one, in the bigger cities its almost impossible.

you may be better off if you start with a half one, in some places they have "starter" plots.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 November 2014, 17:26,
Well worth the hard work NR .....an hour a day every day ,you will be surprised what you can get done.....tip.......you MUST have a man cabin,pot belly stove,kettle,tea,coffee,and oxo cubes .....and pepper ....good luck !!!
23 November 2014, 19:04,
Yes I think it will be worthwhile NR my boss had one and I was amazed what he got out of it
23 November 2014, 19:57,
Good luck mate. We have three plots for £3 each a year.one for growing. One with Chucks and one with ducks turkeys and meat birds.made some good mates over the years.listen to the old uns
23 November 2014, 20:11,
I'm only going to learn by helping out for now, lets see how it goes, I'm expert at growing brown slime not so hot at legumes Smile