Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferguson is burning ( mods to check please)
25 November 2014, 09:20, (This post was last modified: 25 November 2014, 09:28 by NorthernRaider.)
Ferguson is burning ( mods to check please)
Again I'm happy to let the mods decide but I'm posting this because I think we can learn from the media reports of likely threats we may face if large scale civil unrest kicked off in the UK as the minority communities are far more numerous today than they were in the 70s.

As forecast the black population of Ferguson are rioting and looting. A modest group of protestors gathered at the police station but across the city far more simply went out looting and rioting like they did in Tottengham UK a few years ago

Further large protests reported in DC, NYC, LA and Seattle

The protest and actions are almost identical to those in Tottenham a few year ago with the added threat of sniping going on. Local police report over 150 shots fired overnight.

Arson and looting reported in areas FAR from the area the shooting or the police station is located.

As cops and troops are drawn away to deal with protestors and rioters in one area then criminals are taking advantage to go on a spree in other areas.

The criminals are using public media like twitter and mobile phones to share info and to organise criminality.

So the bit that leaps out at me is if the rioters draw the cops to suburb/ district / borough A today its highly likely the criminals and rioters are very likely in part at least to move to suburb /district / borough B, C, D, E etc and that for urban preppers could be an issue because they may live far from ethnically diverse neighbourhoods but still be vulnerable.

25 November 2014, 09:35,
RE: Ferguson is burning ( mods to check please)
it dosent take much for people to "kick off". the fact that this lad had just robbed a convenience store(and is on cctv shown doing it) seems to be conveniently lost on most of the protestors.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 November 2014, 09:36,
RE: Ferguson is burning ( mods to check please)
Going back to the LA riots in the 70s and the H Andrew aftermath along with Tottenham what was picked up on is the rampaging looters did not like to be faced down by armed shop and home owners and they go some place else to cause trouble, so possibly an armed prepper with what ever they legally own protecting their own street perhaps in conjunction with neighbours could be a valid deterant.

Note the proliferation of petrol bombs in most modern riots, perhaps we need even better fire fighting kit in our properties