Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
29 November 2014, 22:37,
RE: Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
I remember reading about a Bavarian chap on a mini tractor clearing some scrub land and it spooked a litter of piglets, The sow trashed the tractor and the Bavarian guy had to climb ontop of a water tank to get away.

30 November 2014, 09:08,
Come across wild boar a number of times whilst in the forces in Germany, I seemed to spend a lot of time lurking in the under growth there, closest call was while I was on my tod walking a forest track, had two sows and two young emerge from the forest 40m in front of me, I just froze as they moved towards me, thick pine forest to either side and about 500m of straight track behind me, "shit" was the only thing that came to mind. Luckily I was facing into the wind, they just sauntered across the track at an angle and disappeared into the forest about 25m from me apparently without ever noticing that I was even there. I think because I'd been out for several nights so definitely smelt O natural and was down wind they just never noticed me, a long 5 minutes though Smile
30 November 2014, 14:14,
only time i seen one was driving up from Hon fleur to Dieppe i missed the bugger by millimetres ...it was dark ...how i missed it is beyond me ! wifey just reminded me of it , as soon as i got back to THE PRESIDENCE hotel changed my underpants .....had shower first of course.
6 January 2015, 14:35,
A driver was killed on Monday after crashing into a Wild Boar on the M4 of all places!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1403036/driver...rash-on-m4