Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
when is it time to quit
29 November 2014, 13:27,
when is it time to quit
I started back at the gym aged 51 , eyes open respecting my age and not trying to compete with guys , 20/30 yrs younger.

but when is it time to hang up your gloves...?

do older guys even listen to common sence.

any of you older guys training , what ya doing and what for.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...92204.html

good lock micky , you inspire me...Smile
Survive the jive (youtube )
29 November 2014, 15:45,
RE: when is it time to quit
I keep going back periodically but I have recurring thigh/hip injury that just keeps letting me down no matter how gentle/low impact my regime is....I guess your body just say's no....walking and the occasional cycle ride is my only exercise now.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 November 2014, 17:28,
work and gardening is all i do now .......that's more than enough for this old bugger....and WATCHING rugby if that counts
29 November 2014, 17:49,
Well I'm clearly not as old as you old farts Tongue, so as well as walking the dogs I'm now (last 6-8 months) doing about 2.5 hours a week on the cross trainer, I've lost about 1.5 stones during that time as well Big Grin
29 November 2014, 18:38,
well done dev, I keep going even though my rotator cuff is shot and iv only 1 tricept , but balls to that , ill keep on pumping iron , you just have to know your limits.

what do we think of micky rorke in the ring at 62 , even if he is put up against bums he if fitter and tougher than most at 40 .
Survive the jive (youtube )
29 November 2014, 20:04,
Well, personally, as a "mere" female, I don't do quitting! If I hung up my gardening gloves, fork, dog lead and horse halter, the place would probably grind to a halt. I'm not sure that training and exercising as such are going to do much for you in those later years. I was never into gym stuff and all that jogging (far too hard on the boobs!) but I try to keep fit by staying active as much as I can.

By the way, Dev, that Fighting book is tremendous fun!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 November 2014, 20:13,
DEV we all hate you...................lol
29 November 2014, 20:45,
(29 November 2014, 20:04)MaryN Wrote: By the way, Dev, that Fighting book is tremendous fun!

Glad you're enjoying it Wink

So many people dismiss and go on about other techniques such as Krav Maga etc, but for your average man (or woman!) on the street I think its the best, it's very simple, but very effective and as you say fun Big Grin

(29 November 2014, 20:13)Straight Shooter Wrote: DEV we all hate you...................lol

Heart Heart Big Grin