Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
london nuked
5 December 2014, 14:03,
RE: london nuked
I don't thing personally its wrong for people to WANT per se, desire and aspiration has never been a bad thing, what is wong is for people to WANT but expect some one else to PAY.

5 December 2014, 14:32,
is not even the pay or not pay its that there are too many people using the resources, its a bit like an elastic band, stretch it too far and it will break!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 December 2014, 15:13,
[Image: y3soy7mfdwhe5ri1nj1c.jpg]
5 December 2014, 19:25,
(5 December 2014, 09:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: No Steve that's a fallacy, What actually happens is most of the wealth creating jobs in manufacturing, farming, industry, fishing, tourism etc are spread right across the UK but the companies registered offices are located and registered in London

Sadly you're wrong.

Here's a summary of the ONS report:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/econ...now-ons-g7

In particular:

Quote:There has been a marked postwar shift in economic power from manufacturing to services. In 1948, British industry (including manufacturing, oil and gas extraction, and utilities) accounted for 41% of the British economy. By 2013, it was just 14%.

At the same time the services sector's share of the economy has risen from 46% to 79%. Construction, meanwhile, has remained stable at about 6% of GDP, and the role of agriculture has dwindledfrom 6% to 1% over the postwar years.
5 December 2014, 20:46,
Nearly right good Sir,
The SERVICE sector encompasses the entire country EG Hotels, Pubs, Cleaning Companies, Catering Companies, Advertising Companies, Employment agencies etc etc but the one constant remains unchanged the service industry is spread across the whole country but the Registered Head Offices are in London. So for example ALL of the Premier Inn and Comfort Inns and Travel Lodges are spread right across the country but the profits from those companies is shown at the registered head offices in London. so it shows as London making all the money, it doesn't it only hold the money.

EG Rolls-Royce headquarters
65 Buckingham Gate
London,
SW1E 6AT
England

Group Highlights
•Order book of £71.6bn, up 19%
•Underlying revenue of £15.5bn, up 27%
•Underlying profit before tax of £1,759m, up 23%
•Reported profit before tax of £1,759m, down 36%

So as you can see RR posted profits for its business headquartered in London as £15.5Bn But RR does NOT make anything in central London, its services are based in places like Derby , that's where they make the very profitable jet engines, but the progfits from the sales show up as London profits.

5 December 2014, 23:44, (This post was last modified: 5 December 2014, 23:46 by Steve.)
The primary service industry bringing money into the country is finance, we are world bankers. In recent years the financial services sector alone has contributed way more than the entire UK manufacturing base.

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/about-th...-class.pdf

Like it or not, London makes a massive contribution to the UK balance of payments, and a country that imports 60% of food needs that. Hotels, Pubs, Cleaning Companies etc. etc. aren't helping much, tourism is comparatively tiny so mostly they just take money from UK citizens and it ends up being spent abroad on imported goods.

If the financial services sector was destroyed we couldn't afford to feed ourselves. ( When I write "we" I refer to the general public, "we" as in "you and I" are ready for it, on that I'm sure we can agree ).

PS, Rolls Royce is owned by BMW, how sad.
6 December 2014, 10:07,
yes but if London got nuked, see OP, it would be TSHTF wouldn't it? and whether London makes the money or not would be academic wouldn't it? I don't really much care what or what dosent happen in London, I am so far away from that den of iniquity that it makes no difference to my daily life now let alone after SHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2014, 10:20,
That's a very fair appraisal Steve, much more balanced and I totally agree with you, within reasonSmile

14 February 2015, 17:17,
what ever become of this story...

did isis get hold of nuke materal

who put this story out their

was it a plot ....for boots on the ground.
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 February 2015, 13:03,
Sunna,
You must be really desperate to keep resurrecting old stories in the hope of keeping this forum going.
What does it matter, if it did happen you would not be posting even the stupid things like this. You like most if not all of would be toast.
May be if you had a bit of useful information on how to to help people survive but you don't.
Sod now I have broken my my pledge not to post to this forum again.
The main site is down, the files site has been down for I don't know how long.
Please have a look and see if you can see where the sun shines supposedly from and post something informative instead of what comes out now.
May be that will get me banned.
Ha Ha.