Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of wanting to live in safty in London
8 December 2014, 10:10,
Of wanting to live in safty in London
£620,000 to live in a crappy 3 bed streethouse, they must be insane, but none the less paying £620 grand for a house in London and felling the need to improve your security by building a 2 meter high palisade across the front of your house is a sure sign of the times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-down.html

8 December 2014, 11:28,
RE: Of wanting to live in safty in London
being an Aussie it's quite a normal thing for him...building reg's over there demand you put up boundary fences like that in a large portion of the country......I fear he has made his security plight worse....that's never going to keep a criminal out and it gives them somewhere to lay in wait unseen to commit aggravated intrusion/sex attack/hijack etc etc
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
8 December 2014, 19:43,
It looks awful, he would have been better with 4ft high railings and a nice Pyracantha hedge trained over the top of a full height gate.
8 December 2014, 21:01,
London is dead , leave it asap.
Survive the jive (youtube )
8 December 2014, 21:31,
£620 k for a terraced house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, shit up here I can buy a house like the one I have for about £120K and have £500K to live off.

9 December 2014, 05:57,
Dunno if all areas of Aus require bug fences MO - my brother tried to get permission to build a 5-foot high picket fence around his place but was knocked back by the local council. In the end they built a 1 meter high brick wall, then planted a variety of spiky and prickly bushes all the way around the interior boundary.
Then again, he could've just built it without getting permission and its doubtful anyone would be the wiser. When their plan was knocked back they asked why the bloke down the road was allowed to build a 2 meter stone wall all around his property, with the answer being that the council had no record of it, so it must have been a legacy build from the time before the latest council rules went into place. They didn't grass them up and tell them they saw it being built the previous summer though.
9 December 2014, 10:21,
you can buy a house on Teeside for £5k, their 2 bed semi's in a crappy area though !!!( see DM online).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2014, 15:01,
this is interesting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-life.html

9 December 2014, 15:14,
hell I have known that for years!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.