Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anybody seen my wife?
12 December 2014, 19:09,
Has anybody seen my wife?
I'm just wondering if anybody has seen my real wife? The one in my house currently, appears to be my wife from the outside, however there are noticeable differences which have made me suspicious.

My wife has (or had) the idea that prepping & related activities & self-reliance type items are stupid & not needed as obviously those nice folks in power will look out for us in any sort of crisis.

Over the last 6 months or so however she has allowed me to
• stock up on a few extra bits (not just food),
• get a beehive (cheers t-oddity, though no bees yet. Hopefully next year),
• apply for a firearms licence (obviously for target shooting only unless I can find a permission anywhere).
• have a new hatch & flooring installed in the loft for additional storage "if you really must start storing food & that"
• get a berkefeld water filter

Now all of this took me completely by surprise, however what has confirmed that she isn't in fact the real deal is when I suggested another calor gas heater, she suggested getting a multi-fuel stove instead "one that you can cook on the top with aswell though".

All of this without any sort of pressure from me & in some instances, were her suggestion.

A small reward will be paid for her safe return. Once the burner is installed obviously Smile
17 December 2014, 09:49,
RE: Has anybody seen my wife?
Wish mine would wise up like yours has! (She has seen the point of getting a few small items this year after a few minor "emergencies", however the prepping idea is still completely over her head)
17 December 2014, 10:05,
oh dear, my wife always had an "alternative" point of view, being a country girl(she didn't like living in a city even if it was only for 6 months) and farming student/worker, it was her idea to go and live in Glastonbury for 10 years which is where she learnt her herbal stuff, she even tells me sometimes what I need to buy next!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 December 2014, 20:22,
Jace, sadly she's anything but converted. But similar to yourself, after facing a couple of situations where we could've done with things, she's agreed to get a couple of bits. The woodstove idea is purely financial. I can get limitless scrap timber for pennies so ignoring the initial investment, we'd save a fortune in central heating within a few years.
18 December 2014, 11:50,
Everytime someone mentions log burner/wood stove I pinch my self very hard.....I bought my house and gutted it to renovate and in my stupidity I fitted a big showpiece living flame gas fire....cost a shit load to do including new flue and cap and the cost of the fire....could've got a really good woodstove/log burner/range for about the same money.....doh! hindsight eh!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
18 December 2014, 12:08,
Mo could you possibly plan on buying and storing a portable wood burner stove like the very popular Frontier Stove, it would be the ultimate back up I guess ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anevay-1001-Fron...B004DD0S8O

18 December 2014, 13:19,
I quite fancy one of those for my shed at the allotment. Obviously I'd need the water heater to go with it.
18 December 2014, 13:23,
I have heard nothing but very good things about the Frontier stove, I inspected one at the Wilderness gathering and they are quite good quality.

19 December 2014, 07:23,
The frontier stove is a lovely little stove, well made, compact and portable, but the one thing I do not like about it is the diameter of the chimney it is too small and it chokes the fire, this creates smoke. I've a little experience of making stoves from scrap and the minimum diameter for this type of stove is about 3.5 inch to get a decent air flow and clean burn. I would highly recommend anyone looking to buy one of these to have a good play around with one first if you can and you will probably see what I mean.
19 December 2014, 10:29,
Good advice from T-oddity, thanks, I smell a DIY prepper modification coming down the road sometime Smile