Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you store tools .
15 December 2014, 09:36, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2014, 09:37 by Lightspeed.)
RE: do you store tools .
Sunna,

What you are saying is that your prepping is based on knowing where to raid stuff that you might need. So you're a raider more than a prepper. This is a valid survival strategy. Dangerous for raider and raidee, but valid.

(15 December 2014, 01:26)Sunna Wrote: remember if tshtf all the rules are gone and its everyman for himself.

I agree with you 100% and it applies to owners taking whatever steps they feel necessary to protect and hold onto their stuff.

I for one will hand out summary justice to anyone anyone attempting to raid us...........Hmm summary justice... maybe that should that be Sunna-ry Justice? :-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

15 December 2014, 09:52, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2014, 10:02 by bigpaul.)
taking and using stuff that has obviously been abandoned either the owners are dead or have gone away MIGHT be a logical strategy, but how do you know its been abandoned and there isn't anyone in residence? the first thing you might know about it is when you get a broadhead in the chest! better to stick to commercial premises like industrial estates.

Raiding is a poor replacement for prepping, it means someone cant be bothered to prepare but will just take from others by force.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 December 2014, 10:05,
LS I think the analogy is " Anyone found here at night will be "found" here in the morning " Smile

15 December 2014, 12:25,
I've always thought that a few rotting corpses at the end of the road might deter anyone from going any further!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 December 2014, 12:28,
(15 December 2014, 10:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: LS I think the analogy is " Anyone found here at night will be "found" here in the morning " Smile

Yup...
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

15 December 2014, 12:58,
ok , nobody knows what will happen , how many folk are alive or dead , I do prep but in the real world , I don't own a 4x4 , shotgun , years of food and fuel and a million and one things you will need to get by.
example , I have a 1st aid kit , I think its ok for general cuts and so on but if the shtf would I go to my local doctors and top up YES , wouldent you.
knowing whats around ,what you could get if you had to is a valid part of prepping.
im not talking about busting into a home or farm where folk live , but if theie dead or run off , im in.

to survive you may have to do things that in normal life you would not, that's just being realistic not bad or wrong just realistic.

look how joe public acted when they had the chance of a cheap tv on black Friday , now make those same people , thirsty,hungury .../

IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE ITS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ME 1ST.
Survive the jive (youtube )
15 December 2014, 13:07, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2014, 13:25 by bigpaul.)
if you haven't worked it out yet Sunna, there is a vast difference between Scavenging and Raiding. I prep now so that I have the things I need when TSHTF and not go wandering around HOPING to find them, what I haven't got I learn to live without...like electricity! make a list of what you think you may need and start purchasing them now, have a look at car boots and markets and any auctions in your locality, leaving it until the last moment or thinking taking from others is the way to go is not a wise idea and is probably going to get you killed when its WROL, its the same reason I'm not joining looting mobs WTSHTF...its too bloody dangerous!

if you KNEW for instance that everyone else in your area were dead and you were "last man standing" that then is a different matter than going raiding where other people were still living.
15 December 2014, 13:42,
I'm taking the other stance, by learning how to make tools from scratch & repair/maintain old tools.

A metalworking friend is teaching me in exchange for teaching him to homebrew/distill.

As well as it being interesting, easier to store raw materials than finished kit.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
15 December 2014, 17:15, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2014, 17:25 by Midnitemo.)
I understand what Sunna is saying , nothing wrong with noting where stuff is after all everyone at the farm of your interest may have succumbed to there fait already and then it would be a crying shame to not benefit from this bounty....but approaching a farm is mighty risky...it's one of the few places you will almost certainly find firearms and if the people choose to use them you could be in deepshit....I know I bang on a about surveillance a lot but approaching a farm or anywhere you know there to be firearms requires a lot of watch and wait...better still move on and source stuff from a safer place....the most minor wound could kill you agonisingly without medical support.

Survival of you and your's is everything , I'm prepping because I find the thought of taking what I need by force distasteful but under certain circumstances it may have to come to that , it isn't just WROL after a major catastrophe there will be a suspension of normal morals belief's and standards too...we will most likely discover a primeval side to us most of us didn't know was there or perish.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
16 December 2014, 11:30,
When the spaghetti hits the fan I will strap on a 72 hour bag and a big knife before running, screaming and flailing my arms into the wilderness (which in the UK will be someone's else's garden.) I will "live off the land" before dying of dysentery, exposure or being killed by someone I'm trying to rob. Who know's how many people I'll ruin on the way, how many people who'd be good for the long haul but are too fragile for the first few weeks/months....

Sounds familiar?

One of my favorite things to do is to go to carboots and find old tools and restore them. I've got a hand drill with shoulder brace, made in the US that I'm restoring with electrolysis. I'm also doing a felling axe, fitting a new handle and everything.

Those who stockpile lead and steel will do well.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8