Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping the Faith
18 December 2014, 11:28,
RE: Keeping the Faith
Faith can move Mountains, but it can't stop bullets.
18 December 2014, 11:42,
I was brought up in a C of E household, dad sang in the choir, I was baptised and confirmed, but both wife and I went to Roman Catholic schools(nuns for her, brothers for me) and we both had had enough of "normal" religion after than, that's why we became Pagans.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 December 2014, 13:50,
I was not bought up in any faith.

Socially, I am an old hippie from the 60's. I guess that would lead
me more into new-age things and earth things and paganism but it doesn't.
We all have to deal with the crap that is inside us. IMHO, there's a lot of guilt that needs dealing with.

As far as the prepper communities go, most (not all) of them seem to be right wing Christian communities. (They doesn't make them bad. It's just an observation). I said most of them. There are groups, particularly in New England that are more liberal/new agey.

In the UK, the crude anti-Christian bias that there is, goes against its prepondrance in Prepper Circles. Most here are new-agey/green/pagan.

For my own beliefs, I am a committed Christian and (here I 'out' myself),
I was ordained a priest some 20 years ago.

Now that's put the cat among the pigeons !!

Allons y
18 December 2014, 13:53,
hence why the house goes with the job? I sussed you a long time ago, no worries.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 December 2014, 14:18,
"""" For my own beliefs, I am a committed Christian and (here I 'out' myself),
I was ordained a priest some 20 years ago.""""""

Burn him, Burn him , lets build a wickerman Smile

18 December 2014, 15:22,
(18 December 2014, 13:50)River Song Wrote: I was not bought up in any faith.

Socially, I am an old hippie from the 60's. I guess that would lead
me more into new-age things and earth things and paganism but it doesn't.
We all have to deal with the crap that is inside us. IMHO, there's a lot of guilt that needs dealing with.

As far as the prepper communities go, most (not all) of them seem to be right wing Christian communities. (They doesn't make them bad. It's just an observation). I said most of them. There are groups, particularly in New England that are more liberal/new agey.

In the UK, the crude anti-Christian bias that there is, goes against its prepondrance in Prepper Circles. Most here are new-agey/green/pagan.

For my own beliefs, I am a committed Christian and (here I 'out' myself),
I was ordained a priest some 20 years ago.

Now that's put the cat among the pigeons !!

Allons y

Good on yer Girl! if it makes you happy and gives you peace then no one here will disrespect you for that, you might get a good ribbing in jest, but knowing you you can give as good as you get.
PAX VOBISCUM