Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
12 killed in paris
10 January 2015, 17:47,
RE: 12 killed in paris
we are far better informed than ever before , in years gone by all we had was the m s m to inform us.
who now trusts the m s m , and they know it to , that's why they attack the net and will try to stop info getting out in the name of security .
our young will fight a war if a real threat came along , but Iraq war no 3 no way.
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 January 2015, 17:53,
(10 January 2015, 17:47)Sunna Wrote: our young will fight a war if a real threat came along

I would like to think so, but I some how doubt it very much, they are much too in love with Xboxes and twitter and the like to ever get off their backsides.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 January 2015, 19:34,
I guess it is difficult to fight for your country, when you just don't recognise what your country is, or what you would be fighting for anyway. I could see local vigilante groups being more useful if we have a situation in this country; at least you would know you were fighting for your own area and your own people. Hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm afraid it seems we are heading into violent times.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 January 2015, 20:33,
I see your first point as a very valid one MaryN and I also feel that what happened in Paris will make the situation worse.
It will make relations between religions and cultures worse than what they already are.
But I have to disagree with your comments regarding vigilante groups.
It's a nice idea but what tends to happen is that mob mentality takes hold and rational thinking goes out of the window..
10 January 2015, 21:25,
(10 January 2015, 20:33)Megatron Wrote: But I have to disagree with your comments regarding vigilante groups.
It's a nice idea but what tends to happen is that mob mentality takes hold and rational thinking goes out of the window..

I think both are right.....

The Mob Mentality will be a problem, but I see it as being a short term problem after which Vigilante or local militia's are likely to form, to protect groups from the mob's etc.
10 January 2015, 22:15,
I think most people have forgot "when good men stand aside and do nothing, evil will always flourish.
Most people want to do what's right for them and not the "greater good"