Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum blues
14 January 2015, 13:12,
RE: forum blues
(14 January 2015, 10:17)Geordie_Rob Wrote: GG, I think the idea is restrict access to members only so if people want to view the forum, they need to sign up 1st. Then with new people comes new ideas & questions = more forum content.

Exactly.

Will it work/help?

I don't know..... but given that there are usually around 20 guests/non members logged on at any time, then there is clearly a lot of interest in the site, so how do we get them to participate and help to grow the site further....
14 January 2015, 14:19,
Like I say, I can see both sides of the coin. But how many would join a restricted forum on the basis of it might be what they're looking for? I only signed up after browsing as a guest for a few weeks.

My personal opinion is the main site needs to get up & running again. But at the same time we can't expect too much from SD as 1) I know he's very busy & can't spend 24/7 sorting out the sites. And 2) we can't expect him to keep stumping up his own cash (and again his time) for minor changes here & there, especially things that are as a result of circumstances out of his control.

For any new members who might read this, sign up. We're generally a friendly bunch. Yes opinions differ here & there, sometimes things can get a bit heated. But that's the beauty of being a human being. You're blessed with a brain that is more than capable of thinking for itself & making your own opinions. If you let it Smile
15 January 2015, 21:51,
S13 weres he gone ????
15 January 2015, 23:18,
(15 January 2015, 21:51)bowdrill Wrote: S13 weres he gone ????

Apparently busy with work and repairing his plumbing Wink