Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compact Folding survival bow.
14 January 2015, 20:43,
Compact Folding survival bow.
So I've finally had my bow delivered after waiting for what seems like a year to get one as I couldn't find any in the uk.

Has anyone else got one, if so how have you found it..
I'd also like to know what arrows are recommended.
14 January 2015, 21:42,
RE: Compact Folding survival bow.
Is this what you have:

http://www.specialforces.com/compact-tak...rvival-bow

If yes, then I'd love to know what you think of it as I've been toying with the idea of also getting one.....
15 January 2015, 07:55,
Looks like a nightmare to shoot accurately, prepare for many, many hours of practice.
15 January 2015, 09:21,
No mate I have the primal gear bow
http://cdn3.volusion.com/evsyf.dkkdg/v/v...1392972319
The reviews are great, I'll be testing it today
15 January 2015, 12:18,
Do let us know how you get on with it...........
15 January 2015, 15:56,
Well I spent a few hours using the bow this morning.
Quite simply what an amazing bit of kit.
I was shooting at a small target from 40 yards approx and was hitting 8/10 time. Ok so you need to be fairly good with a bow but with a little practice that shouldn't be a problem. It's classed as a long bow so there's no sight on it so it just comes down to natural aiming.
The arrow rest is all part of the handle and it should be mentioned that you need to use arrows with feather flights as the rest has small patches of felt and will wear away to quickly as I found out this morning with plastic flights.
I'd defiantly give this a 10/10 for simplicity and usability. As for durability I couldn't say but it's made from aircraft grade aluminium with fibreglass limbs and I've seen videos of trucks driving over it without a problem so I wouldn't be to concerned about it lasting.