Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Renters?
22 January 2015, 15:39,
RE: Any Renters?
(22 January 2015, 12:08)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Smudge, my next application is going to include all insurance, qualifications from HETAS etc.. provided by the installer. I've been told to expect a quote of around £2k all in. These guys guarantee to sweep the chimney & service the stove (no idea how you service a big empty metal box) for 10 years & provide a certificate of assurance or whatever they're called for insurance compliance. If the council still refuse after that then I'm going to appeal with the whole "wood is carbon neutral) rubbish & get them to hopefully approve it that way. My mate also has a council house by the same council & they granted his without any trouble.

I'll be honest I was thinking Landlords insurance you know how they are for 7 shades of BS, that said if your friend was given permission by the same authority it sounds strange. 2k sounds about right though we were quoted similar the main expense is if the chimney needs lining or not, you can more than half that if it doesn't.

(22 January 2015, 12:08)Geordie_Rob Wrote: As for putting the frontier stove in a house, I'm not sure as the chimneys aren't very tall & are thin so don't know if it could be put up my current chimney & work as it should.

I was thinking along similar lines to what beardyman suggests.