Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mild winter
22 January 2015, 17:27,
mild winter
we are told that our winters are going to get wetter and more mild , its almost the end of jan and iv only used up a small amount of my stored up wood .

so will you be prepping differently for winters now , its has sure got me thinking I always stress over getting and storing wood for winter making sure I have enough this year ill have 3/4 of it left over if it stays this mild.
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 January 2015, 19:56,
RE: mild winter
Saves you having to stock as much for next year Smile

Personally I think there'll be plenty snow & ice to come between now & end of march. Hope I'm wrong though.
22 January 2015, 20:20,
Crikey, Sunna, where are you? It's freezing cold here. We have a logburner and an open fire going here. Have been burning wood since end of October, and like GR I too expect snow and ice to come.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
22 January 2015, 21:36,
well in cold weather ill lite my fire 1st thing in the morning but as its so mild I leave it till sundown , 4.30pm ish , we have had a few cold nights where the temp has droped below minus 2/3 but compaired to some years its warmish.
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 January 2015, 23:47,
But haven't something like 10 of the last 15 winters been the 10 mildest winters ever recorded in the UK??

If so, the warm winters have been with us for well over a decade and in which case we all know that weather patterns are cyclical and think its on something like a 25 year cycle between periods of warm v cold weather.

So the question should be, how long till the current cycle starts tailing off and we enter the next cold(er) spell.....

Bear in mind that it only takes a drop of a couple of degrees to have a huge impact on the actual weather that we get......
23 January 2015, 10:35,
From what I noticed the seasons are shifting. Cold snaps are starting and staying later and it's warmer more into autumn
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

23 January 2015, 11:47,
so...its a mild winter, what are you complaining about?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.