Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10,000 BC
4 February 2015, 12:20,
RE: 10,000 BC
Yep, I suspect there will be a rapid reduction in the numbers participating in the next couple of episodes.

As for Paul (not BP) and his Boar Trap, I can see that being a real success - NOT!
4 February 2015, 13:28,
I we take this programme for what it is, TV entertainment with a pseudo Archaeological flavour then we shouldn't expect to glean any real conclusions. The scenario is in reality a Social Anthropology experiment and has nothing to do with the realities of Mesolithic European communities. The producers have badly let down the "contestants" from the start expecting them to recreate Mesolithic life with sub standard equipment and a false "skill set" regarding the community.
Firstly; how is the community supposed to have any real hope of getting meat, when only one of the group is capable of using a Bow?. The reality is that all the men would be Archers and skilled at making their own equipment. The Women would have a vast knowledge about foraging and would be the main providers of food staples that kept everyone fed. Not to mention their skills in preparation of skins and fabricating clothing. (studies from tribal communities show that Women hold the skill and knowledge about this). The programme relies on the friction caused by people suffering deprivation through lack of ability to survive in unfamiliar circumstances.
Now if you made the programme with a group of people who actually had the skills to carry this off it would turn from TV entertainment to experimental Archaeology. The producers are relying on "friction" to boost interest, as people screaming at each other, and generally getting pissed off is all that passes for entertainment these days.
4 February 2015, 14:27,
I am kind of enjoying it and it is not as annoying as I thought it was going to be. I think we need to forget about recreating a stone age civilisation and maybe pretend it is a post apocalyptic group of normal neighbours who have decided to try and bug out in the woods having forgotten to take any tools of equipment with them.

PJ
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
4 February 2015, 15:58,
(4 February 2015, 14:27)PrepperJohn Wrote: I am kind of enjoying it and it is not as annoying as I thought it was going to be. I think we need to forget about recreating a stone age civilisation and maybe pretend it is a post apocalyptic group of normal neighbours who have decided to try and bug out in the woods having forgotten to take any tools of equipment with them.

PJ

Good point John, using that scenario then we can be assured that 95% of the current population would be dead within 6 months of any Apocalypse, reducing them to pre industrial/Agricultural methods of living if this is the skill set of the population. Everyone should practise at least one these skills.
4 February 2015, 16:06,
Apparently there are 2 versions of this programme being screened, the Channel 5 one and also another version that is also being screened this week by MTV Europe as it was a joint production between the 2 broadcasters.

Be interesting to know if the MTV version is putting a different spin on things or showing more detail.....
4 February 2015, 16:12,
(4 February 2015, 15:58)Tartar Horde Wrote: Good point John, using that scenario then we can be assured that 95% of the current population would be dead within 6 months of any Apocalypse, reducing them to pre industrial/Agricultural methods of living if this is the skill set of the population.

isn't that what myself and "John" have been saying all along?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 February 2015, 17:06,
(4 February 2015, 16:12)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 February 2015, 15:58)Tartar Horde Wrote: Good point John, using that scenario then we can be assured that 95% of the current population would be dead within 6 months of any Apocalypse, reducing them to pre industrial/Agricultural methods of living if this is the skill set of the population.

isn't that what myself and "John" have been saying all along?

No..... Tongue
4 February 2015, 17:44,
(4 February 2015, 17:06)Devonian Wrote: isn't that what myself and "John" have been saying all along?

No..... Tongue
[/quote]

WTF have you even been listening? oh whats the damn point,i'm not wasting any more time, I'm outta here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 February 2015, 17:56,
(4 February 2015, 16:12)bigpaul Wrote: isn't that what myself and "John" have been saying all along?

Um, No. I cannot find any post in this thread where you have said anything of the kind

PJ
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
4 February 2015, 18:01,
don't be so obtuce. you all know what I'm referring to.