Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10,000 BC
4 February 2015, 18:55,
RE: 10,000 BC
I can not watch the program, but based on the above posts, is this the image of your society and the psychological well being of its contents that you want to project to the rest of Europe?

Or to the "immigrants" you so greatly fear in that sphere or within your own borders?

It seems that an image is being presented to people, who have suffered through many assorted hardships and faced death more than once, of a population that can not withstand any discomfort without assuming the fetal position and losing bowel control.
4 February 2015, 18:59,
(4 February 2015, 18:01)bigpaul Wrote: don't be so obtuce. you all know what I'm referring to.

And this is why this forum is so popular

PJ
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
4 February 2015, 19:22, (This post was last modified: 4 February 2015, 19:29 by Devonian.)
(4 February 2015, 17:44)bigpaul Wrote: WTF have you even been listening? oh whats the damn point,i'm not wasting any more time, I'm outta here.

LOL, don't worry Paul, tongue was firmly in cheek Wink

(4 February 2015, 18:55)Mortblanc Wrote: I can not watch the program, but based on the above posts, is this the image of your society and the psychological well being of its contents that you want to project to the rest of Europe?

Or to the "immigrants" you so greatly fear in that sphere or within your own borders?

It seems that an image is being presented to people, who have suffered through many assorted hardships and faced death more than once, of a population that can not withstand any discomfort without assuming the fetal position and losing bowel control.

Can you access the on-demand service?

http://www.channel5.com/shows/10000-bc
4 February 2015, 19:50,
(4 February 2015, 18:55)Mortblanc Wrote: I can not watch the program, but based on the above posts, is this the image of your society and the psychological well being of its contents that you want to project to the rest of Europe?

I know what you are saying Mb but the citizens of the UK have very little say in what programmes are made and the programme makers have very little interest in portraying normal people and so we end up with an endless stream of programmes portraying the lowest common denominator of the public or venerable people with issues and that is what the programme makers think constitutes decent viewing these days.

I don't normally watch these kind of programmes but because I am interested in ancient man, wilderness living and survival I thought I would give it a go.

PJ
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
5 February 2015, 22:18,
The big one that got me was the pleb washing the rotten deer carcass in their water source.....oh hello dysentery
Winter is coming
9 February 2015, 13:08,
Only seen first two. The granny did well didn't she Big Grin soon as she saw they're all in skins etc she plays dead!

I did notice that not many of these people actually do much. Lots of pondering, watching and talking, but only one or two people actually getting stuck in. And that daft woman eating a worm! Didn't even season it first. So uncouth.

I'll watch the rest, not overly impressed at the moment though.
11 February 2015, 00:34,
Could they really have found a more pathetic moaning bunch of individuals to participate in this 'experiment'?
11 February 2015, 02:11,
To be fair there are a couple that seem to be getting stuck in, but the vast majority are doing my head in.
There's the posh Asian lad that is always eating and when he's not eating he's complaining he's hungry.
The young lad who thinks it's not a big deal to shit where you sleep.
The poacher who knows everything yet dosent seem to have a clue.
Then just a load milling round
Winter is coming
11 February 2015, 08:18,
Must admit that I just flicked through the programs on line and to be frank wouldn't waste my time watching mostly a bunch of numties dressed as cave men all done for TV entertainment.
11 February 2015, 11:50,
(11 February 2015, 08:18)T-oddity Wrote: Must admit that I just flicked through the programs on line and to be frank wouldn't waste my time watching mostly a bunch of numties dressed as cave men all done for TV entertainment.

It's worth watching - even if only for the entertainment value Wink

(11 February 2015, 02:11)Hex Wrote: To be fair there are a couple that seem to be getting stuck in, but the vast majority are doing my head in.
There's the posh Asian lad that is always eating and when he's not eating he's complaining he's hungry.
The young lad who thinks it's not a big deal to shit where you sleep.
The poacher who knows everything yet dosent seem to have a clue.
Then just a load milling round

Yep that pretty much sums it up. If they can cut the group down by a further 50% the remaining ones would probably have a better chance and wouldn't have to carry the more pathetic members of the group .........