Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a bear drops in.
15 February 2015, 17:22,
RE: a bear drops in.
(15 February 2015, 17:10)BeardyMan Wrote: He can't be as dangerous to himself as everyone makes out or he'd be dead or crippled by now.

Famous last words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnSegu4A5Uc
15 February 2015, 17:41, (This post was last modified: 15 February 2015, 17:43 by Devonian.)
(15 February 2015, 17:10)BeardyMan Wrote: I like Bear. Very well trained, exceptionally good as what he does (not just tv) seems like a very nice chap.

Would I do the things he does that look dangerous. No, but only cause I'm not as strong or agile. He can't be as dangerous to himself as everyone makes out or he'd be dead or crippled by now.

I tend to agree with you on this.

He knows what he is doing and what he is capable of and I'm sure most of his 'stunts' are well practiced and calculated, everything will be well planned and calculated as opposed to just having a go. I believe that has something to do with why he pulled out of Man v Wild after so many series as the producers were pushing him to go too far.

And as in my previous post, lets be very clear, he is 'not teaching' anyone, it is just what "he" does, and if you don't like it that's fine, don't watch.

As for the Steve Irwin incident, I believe that was a truly unfortunate 'accident'.

But if people like Steve and Bears or for that matter, everyday engineers and scientists do not take risks, or chances, then we would still be living in the stone ages.
15 February 2015, 17:43,
don't worry about it Dev, as John says you'll be returning to the stone age soon enough!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2015, 19:11,
(15 February 2015, 17:43)bigpaul Wrote: don't worry about it Dev, as John says you'll be returning to the stone age soon enough!!Big Grin

Not me Wink
16 February 2015, 09:24,
(15 February 2015, 19:11)Devonian Wrote:
(15 February 2015, 17:43)bigpaul Wrote: don't worry about it Dev, as John says you'll be returning to the stone age soon enough!!Big Grin

Not me Wink
got a gun with a single bullet in it have you?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 February 2015, 14:18,
(16 February 2015, 09:24)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 February 2015, 19:11)Devonian Wrote:

Not me Wink
got a gun with a single bullet in it have you?

Sorry, can't say Wink

That would a serious breach of OPSEC Big Grin
16 February 2015, 15:59,
I used to think he was a bit of a dick but I saw a programme of his with Stephen Fry and he did come across as quite a genuine guy so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

pj
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it