Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nice axe
26 February 2015, 23:50,
RE: nice axe
BSS and PTS have outlets in most big towns.

Let us know how you get on.
27 February 2015, 15:25,
(26 February 2015, 23:50)Devonian Wrote: BSS and PTS have outlets in most big towns.

Let us know how you get on.

I shall have a gander round town tomorrow then. Can't say I remember seeing either of those previously, but haven't been looking for those specifically.

If I have any joy I'll post up how I got on putting it together.
27 February 2015, 17:08,
watch ya step bm ...video said legal in most states in the us not the uk.
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 February 2015, 17:45,
There is nothing illegal about owning bsp threaded malleable steel or galvanised pipe and fittings, which is used in nearly every commercial building in the country for running hot/cold water and gas supplies through (just in case ....)

It's also used for air lines and I've also seen people used it to construct shelving/racking, it has many uses, so no risks in purchasing or having pieces in your garage/home Wink

[Image: 53ccf62c25f0192d8e76fa310185d7e0.jpg]

[Image: 051d852e320ccddeab90ad96ecbbaf59.jpg]

Obviously if you were to assemble it as shown in the vid and stick a 12g cartridge into it, then take it down the woods, then that could be classed as an unregistered weapon....
27 February 2015, 17:48, (This post was last modified: 27 February 2015, 17:56 by Mortblanc.)
Test the pipe size first.

It might be different over there, but 3/4" does not slip neatly inside 1" like the video implies. You have to grind the OD of the 3/4" pipe considerably to make them fit.

It is also much easier and more secure to drill the end cap and make the firing pin from a small bolt ground to a point and secured with a tap.

Fact is that in less time and with fewer tools one can make a serviceable example from just the 3/4" section and a block of wood, nail and elastic band.

Do keep in mind that a 12 gauge shell has quite a kick, and the short section will send itself into earth orbit behind you if you do not hang onto it with everything you have.

The first use for the uninitiated is usually quite an experience and fun to watch with astonished facial expressions and bruised and numbed fingers. Make sure you have a video of that first round!
28 February 2015, 10:55,
OOOOps I uploaded the wrong video, silly me what was I thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOyJDg8Az4

Now this is an AXE.
1 March 2015, 19:26,
Have a BSS hidden away on outskirts of town, but no chance to get there this weekend. Got nowt to put down it, but I'll get the parts semi constructed anyway.

That viking axe is nice, a smidgen under £150 on the Cold Steel website.

If that's a replica; the sight of a screaming hoard of vikings tearing towards you brandishing one of those, well, I think I'd have to go and change my trousers.

One thing I thought strange:

Quote:Until recently, we lacked the technical ability to make one to our satisfaction. However, with our new state-of-the-art forging facility, we can offer our customers something truly exceptional.

How come the vikings managed to make one without all these fancy machines, but this lot couldn't manage it until they'd got some new help in? I'm guessing it's better (but less cost effective/can't mass produce) to make these by hand?
1 March 2015, 20:21,
They are mass produced, but the problem was getting the quality control high enough to be suitable, ie the metalworkers ability/availability to make them.
1 March 2015, 21:28,
(1 March 2015, 20:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: They are mass produced, but the problem was getting the quality control high enough to be suitable, ie the metalworkers ability/availability to make them.

Ah, i see.

They should just have asked the GB guys

Now I just need one of these to go with it Big Grin