Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part time prepper seeks full time lifestyle without the use of bullshit
14 March 2015, 08:54,
Part time prepper seeks full time lifestyle without the use of bullshit
Good morning folks ! the sale of my cottage has been agreed .....so its time to plan ahead..in short...to downsize build our new home insulated to the ninth degree, sort out the well , chickens , wood stove, solar panels, store sheds , goats.....and hopefully live a simple self sustaining healthy lifestyle ...and just working for our everyday needs ...without the stresses and strains of a modern consumer must have world the wife and i have had enough of this way of living, the only thing to tie us will be our medications...but there you go! but its the only that...After a two year stint of hospitals five operations wifey is now hopefully on the road back...there was that time changing moment when i thought she would not come home at all....in that moment i made myself a promise , to change our lifestyles...ok not a big change really we were in the zone already...like most of us Money plays a big part ...with that now sorted we can now crack on....the first hurdle to overcome.....planning permission ...should know within a few more weeks....see....modern living again!..cannot wait to uncouple and unwind from this shit.....but hey there you go...calm SS calm ....soon.....soon...i will be a free man and live the way I want and live happily ever after.....alright i know it will not be that easy ....but thats the rough plan....to live it not write about it ....sieze the day and extract as much life , joy and pleasure that can be had....will keep you posted.
14 March 2015, 09:18,
RE: Part time prepper seeks full time lifestyle without the use of bullshit
sounds great hope it all works out for you and the planners aren't nobs!!
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
14 March 2015, 11:28,
Good luck SS, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I was speaking to a man last week who has built 4 homes, one detached home for himself and his wife, and a terraced block of three for three of his six daughters. All on a couple of acres of rural land.

He obtained planning permission under the "affordable homes" scheme, it means that he had to agree never to sell the homes for more than 70% of their market value. This condition stays with the home forever, and is an attempt to provide cheaper homes in rural locations.

It's working well for him, his daughters live with their husbands and the place is full of kids running around - a really happy setup.
14 March 2015, 12:07,
Go Tipi style!!! haha

Sounds like a great plan. The best way to do it, get a part time job or a work from home job, to cover council tax, or go mega solar and have feed in tariff to help with the bills, then don't use any electricity in the home, so you get more money yourselves…no wait, that would suck! But still, lots of solar.

We have friends that sell their own produce locally, and the wife has even opened her own store selling local produce. Really cool, they even do 'zero carbon' home delivery every Tuesday…via pedal-bike! Great when you see them pedal through the village.

Total tangent there. Sorry mate.

Anyway, where was I…..?!?!

That's right, KICK ASS!!! Really pleased for you mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 March 2015, 15:06,
Yes Steve that,s similar to what i am doing, and yes i will enjoy it cannot wait...those log cabins look good but nothing is set in stone yet ..but no matter what i will build it myself except the electrics . Nice to see you back S13 ...as Tigs said its down to the planners (only for the position ) i do have a fall back position just in case , but hope i will be successful...maybe S13 could come up and KICK THE ASS OF THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT !!!!! he would have to hike up here of course.....lol
14 March 2015, 15:46,
Good luck with everything you have going on.

I'd like to do the same but can't find anything suitable where I am. I'm being tempted to move but it is a big step.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 March 2015, 16:47,
Don't kid yourselves!

I never worked so hard in my life as when I am homesteading/smallholding !

And your worries are not over, they have simply changed form.

Wait until the weather turns and the first flood in 100 years strikes, the pigs get scours, the cow goes barren, the fox kills all the chickens in a single night, the roof springs a leak, the wife breaks her leg....and then things start really going downhill!

Then the planning commission comes by and says "this is all wrong you have to tear down and start over!"

Just trying to cheer you up for the big start.

Good luck with that.
14 March 2015, 17:21,
Yes, it involves work, but so does anything worth doing. And after a few years SS will be much more self-reliant, and be able to pass on something useful to his kids.
14 March 2015, 19:02,
Thanks MB truly inspirational ! ....laughing... taken in the spirit you meant, i am no stranger to hard work my friend ...done it ALL my life.. and enjoy it , though i am a little slower ...TIME will take a back seat anyway ...in any event there will be the difference of solely looking after US . I have read in some of your posts MB some descriptions of your lifestyle and home , albeit brief with next to no detail ..which is fine, but you should post more on your existence the day to day stuff ...after all you seem to be doing okay , i would love to read it, with regards bad weather... i will be building that into my new place in more ways than one...not as bad as the U S A no typhoons ...but i will be going over the top on everything anyway. Steve hit the nail on the head, the passing down of knowledge to my children and grand kids ..this alone will be worth the gig ...THEY WILL NEED IT MOST. so comon MB show me the money! ....if you choose not to ....i do understand pal no worries.
14 March 2015, 20:15,
Good luck to you, S. Nice to see you getting back into your stride. Hope it all goes really well for you.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.