Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking Dead
30 March 2015, 18:32,
Walking Dead
Just out of curiosity, do you fellows get the Walking Dead series over there?

We just ended the current season last night and it has been a good one. This was season 6 and they are contracted for 12 seasons.

WD is not your normal zombie movie. It is more concerned with character development and interactions, plot twists and group dynamics.

While being an impossible scenario it shows everything that can and will go wrong in a situation of social collapse and the learning curve toward survival, and the cost of the lessons. They kill off a lot of the cast. (no union contract negotiations here, they just feed you to the zombies)

It is really a soap opera for preppers.
30 March 2015, 18:48,
RE: Walking Dead
Yes we get it as well - and yes it's great TV, one of my favourite programmes!

But we are behind you, I think Season 5 is just ending on Pay (satellite) TV, whereas on Free to View Season 4 ended last Autumn with Rick and the gang all arriving at Terminus, so Season 5 should hopefully be on our screens soon......
30 March 2015, 19:47,
I was mistaken and season 5 is the current season that just ended last night.

We have a follow up show here where the actors answer audience questions and they have indicated that series 6 will feature some change.

So far the interactions have been pretty much directed toward problems with other human groups. Next season is supposed to feature more development of the current "in place settlement", less conflict with humans and more conflict with walkers.
30 March 2015, 20:19,
i like it ,its on tonight Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 April 2015, 14:53,
Can't beat it. Never did get round to reading the book/comic though.
2 April 2015, 15:32,
I like it but I have to suspend belief quite a lot(Zombies FFS...really?) but it throws up some interesting scenario's and some good group dynamic's , to many strong characters who seem to manage to rub together quite well and manage to hash out decision's even though Rick is nominally in charge , if it were real (Zombies aside) I think there would have been factional splits by now.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 April 2015, 15:35,
soap opera's don't form any part of my preps.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2015, 17:37,
Of course you have to suspend belief, it is a fantasy, entertainment of the highest caliber.

The writers are good enough that they can take you into that alternate world and keep you there even through commercial breaks!

There are also the episode plots, the group dynamic, the external dynamic of interaction, the perpetual plot and all the character development tied into the show.

The show has enough influence on the general US public that many of the "preppers" have started using the code term "zombie hunters" and the use of the term "sheeple" has been replaced with the term "Zombies".
2 April 2015, 17:40,
I can quite easily see why the term "sheeple" has been replaced by "zombies"....either term fits "the unprepared" perfectly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2015, 19:36,
(2 April 2015, 15:35)bigpaul Wrote: soap opera's don't form any part of my preps.

Not even for providing you with entertainment and relaxation, which helps to maintain you as a well balanced healthy individual Wink