Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
murder most fowl
18 April 2015, 19:10,
RE: murder most fowl
BM<

Had the same problem myself. My two most prolific layers and the mummy hen were terminated by a fox.

I've set traps and I'm out a hunting.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 April 2015, 21:55,
Yes the foxes are only doing what foxes do, which is why they must die!

And peeing on the tress does not deter them. They simply sniff the tree, identify the scent as a stupid human peeing on their tree, and continue their normal retinue.

Foxes in GB got used to the smell of humans 40,000 years ago and it no longer serves as a deterrent.

My own hens go into the hen house at dark and I lock them up. The house is secure and foxes are no problem at night. It is the daytime raiders I must deal with. My foxes are not restricted to nocturnal activities and hunt day and night as do the coyotes, cats, stray dogs, hawks and vultures.
19 April 2015, 19:26,
Just in case.....foxes are not like humans...further more they do not think like humans..they do not act like humans.... they justify their existence practising Daly survival skills ...they Will follow a track on a regular basis just to test out human strategy ...did they leave the gate open ? is there a weak spot in the fencing ? can i get under the fencing ? .....in short its normally the fault or complacency of the human....i mean have you ever seen a fox carrying a set of bolt crops...a step ladder, insulating pliers ....or driving a fucking BOBCAT !
19 April 2015, 21:43, (This post was last modified: 19 April 2015, 21:44 by Devonian.)
(19 April 2015, 19:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: i mean have you ever seen a fox carrying a step ladder

Not carrying one..... but.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYXVCgUsZs

Wink
19 April 2015, 21:54,
For one horrible moment DEV i thought i was going to see foxy driving a BOBCAT ....AND using the slue pedals to push over the fence posts.
19 April 2015, 22:10,
(19 April 2015, 21:54)Straight Shooter Wrote: For one horrible moment DEV i thought i was going to see foxy driving a BOBCAT ....AND using the slue pedals to push over the fence posts.

I'm scouring youtube now for that one....LOL!