Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weapons and the devious mind
10 April 2015, 21:59, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2015, 22:07 by Mortblanc.)
weapons and the devious mind
I found a training presentation from the Los Angeles police department that has some examples of what people will do when called to dive deep into their resource pool for "protection".

Keep in mind that many of the comments are from the cynical view of a police training situation and they are trained from the start t separate the population into two different groups "police and criminals". If you are not one you are the other.

Anyway, in their explanations of what to look for they also render some instructions on "what will work" in an emergency.

You can look at it as what you should watch our for in the hands of others or what you can put into your own hands for emergency use.

https://info.publicintelligence.net/LA-D...eapons.pdf

BTW Los Angeles has an area of 500sq/mi and a population of 4 million. Their sheriff's department has a staff of 10,000 officers.

And most of these are illegal in the present normal social condition. I am not advocating breaking any laws, only giving information for the time when laws might have been rendered moot.
11 April 2015, 09:47,
RE: weapons and the devious mind
this has always been my problem with any American prepper forums, there seems to be a fixation with weapons especially guns, although some "security" measures will be needed post SHTF I don't feel that in a British situation this is necessarily our top priority.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2015, 09:54,
I think history has shown that the survivors have had access to land and the means to defend it. You don't really need much else.
11 April 2015, 15:58,
getting a weapon in the uk is easy , just walk down your street.

bricks
bottles
drink can split down the middle very sharp [just crease it and keep moving it , it will split.
fence posts

all sorts.....just look and think it through.
Survive the jive (youtube )
11 April 2015, 19:18,
heres a simple one , use a air tight jar too keep it fresh......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBPB5zQaCs

for information only.....
Survive the jive (youtube )