Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Have Any?
19 April 2015, 10:37,
RE: Do You Have Any?
TH,

So it's not that I didn't understand it they didn't explain it properly.

So;
That which does not kill, cause any real injury to us in any way or has any negative affect physically or mentally whatsoever makes us stronger.
The Pen is mightier than the Sword as long as the sword bearer is willing or forced to put up with the writers shit.

I'm with McArthur. I like my short and to the point statements to actually be meaningful.

I think that Friedrich Nietzsche only has a couple of good quotes. I like 'Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.' People don't like that, too deep so use that one as his by default.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 April 2015, 11:09,
Sorry SD, your answer shows a total lack of understanding of the concept or practise of Allegory, as your "I'm with McArthur" statement eloquently exhibits. Perhaps we should move on and accept our differing positions as nothing fruitful will come out of our continued debate.
19 April 2015, 18:30,
So this is it?

Our morals have been condensed to the status of someone else's sound bite?
19 April 2015, 18:54,
So has anyone gained anything ? that,s of any possible use...i am struggling...however i did free a lamb this morning....mammy was not happy about it ...till i let it go...But post shtf i would now be eating the bugger along with mammy...does this qualify MB.
19 April 2015, 19:30,
I think we found out I take things very literally and there are nuances that go right over my head. I've know that for years. I still keep saying to people don't be subtle with me just say what you want. Must be something in my brain.

We also found out that a few of us have the same morals which isn't surprising really as we are of like minds in several areas so shouldn't be that far apart in others.

SS, Not really. It just shows that unless you are going to eat it you won't harm it but wait till SHTF and it will be different.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 April 2015, 19:49,
EXACTLY SD !