Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demarcation
23 April 2015, 20:44,
Demarcation
I'm just curious, but if you are a prepper pair (i.e. spouses, partners), do you each do your own thing, or is it a joint concern? I ask this because I realise that we (OH and I) each do completely different things, which would work out to have the same result, but for different reasons. My weekly shops mean that I squirrel things away "just in case; I garden and grow things with a view to making us as self-sufficient in the fruit & veg department as I can, and my chickens provide us with ample eggs and I have an eye to taking up beekeeping hopefully soon. OH has this garage! In it he saves everything. I can usually ask for something to be done and, lo!, he has the bits saved or for recycling. Now, I know he views my anxieties with regard to future troubles with some amusement, and I can't bring myself to tell him that he is fulfilling his part in my plans all by himself, but between us we are starting to pull in the same direction.

Do you and your partners have the same aims, or is more by accident than design?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
23 April 2015, 21:15,
RE: Demarcation
Your description Mary matches mine perfectly ...the more WE go down the road there is a kind of ONE ....my wife notices a lot more ...of her OWN accord rather than my influence, she is not a net nut ...indeed she sees more than i do ...most of the time, not a fanatic but a check and balance for me, we all know that,s a good thing for me.
23 April 2015, 23:15,
I don't try to force my views on my family, but I do express them. Over the last ten years things have gone the way I thought they would, family have noticed.
24 April 2015, 08:42,
My partner humours me , she doesn't participate in any way but I hope one day when were really old and grey she will get the chance to chastise me for wasting all that time money and effort on prepping when we didn't need it......I obviously think differently or I wouldn't be doing it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 April 2015, 08:54,
wife is in charge of the garden, I do the stores, she sometimes tells me what I need to get next!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 April 2015, 16:53,
Our family hass a co-operative prepping thing - we're both paranoid!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!