Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetic generator
9 January 2012, 11:01,
Magnetic generator
Has anyone heard of these. I cant seem to find any plans for them. From what i gather there work on 2 similar poles opposing each other to drive a wheel (generator) to produce almost free electric.

UKS
9 January 2012, 11:15,
RE: Magnetic generator
As far as I know they are still being made and are not available to purchase.

The principle works on perpetual motion. Which has been spoken about for YEARS!!! Centuries even. Archimedes designed a machine that would run for a long time using gravity and the Archimedes screw to turn a wheel that would move balls up the screw, that would reach the top and turn the wheel, etc etc.

These are much more readily created: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjuZsod4E4
13 January 2012, 01:09,
All generators are magnetic, wether permanent magnet or electro magnet. With any machine, the laws of physics as we have them at the moment, govern that any machine has losses of energy in its operation and so the output is always less than the input.
Perpetual motion is a medieval myth right now. Hopefully oneday some enterprising person will prove it can be done, but not as yet. It's a nice idea, but so's warp drive and thats probably a million times more possible - & that will have losses too going by present & projected scientific theory. Utube may not be the best place to do research on this subject as it is full of hoax,myth & legend when it comes to practicalities such as this.

If you do find it, then let me & the rest of the world know pls. Sincere Regards, TL.
13 January 2012, 12:46,
Energy cannot be created or destroyed but converted.

Simply put Energy In = Energy Out.

But Energy Out = Useful energy - Waste.

Waste is where the Energy In is used to generate an unwanted by product, usually heat which is wasted. Car engines get hot which we don't want, turning wheels created heat by friction and so on.

There are no systems where Energy In = Useful Work (Energy Out). There are some that give a high return but it depends on the use.

Petrol car engines convert fuel energy to useful work, movement, at up to 30% efficiency. Diesels up to 40%. Steam Engines are up to 60%.

There is no system in the Universe, nor do I see how there can be that will allow a perpetual engine never mind one that does something useful.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 July 2012, 14:12,
There is a website at http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk which has a lot of interesting stuff to wade through if you have the time or inclination. My rather out of date (by todays standards at least) education gives me enough knowledge to have some optimism in this regard - a constantly running generator for off grid use - provided one can muster the practical skills required to build such a device.
10 July 2012, 14:33,
How about just using a 12 or 24 volt alternator of a veeehickle / Smile

10 July 2012, 17:45,
For me Hydro-electric rules with everything else a distant second.

12 July 2012, 13:12,
NR,

Car alternators are cheep and readily available which are points in their favor but they tend to be not that efficient and need speeds of 2000-3000rpm. Typically that's very fast for any non-engine powered 'prime mover' such as a wind turbine or water wheel.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?