Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007/8 banks baleout
18 May 2015, 08:03,
RE: 2007/8 banks baleout
I certainly regard the happenings of 2007/8 as an 'event'. In a small way I got caught up in it as I had a small amount of loot in an Icelandic account. The Chancellor at the time insisted that we all get reimbursed and a while later 'normal service was resumed'.
It does seem that the Banks and Big Business, in general, have been going over the top with regard to what most of us would call normal day to day life and trading. Competition and market share are strange bedfellows.
The fact that we are still being influenced by these 'events' indicates how large this thing was - possibly. The vested interests upon high are using this to make gains in the usual manner, they are not doing anything wrong - just what is allowed by their intrpretation of the 'rules'.
Did the whirling blades get involved? In my opinion not yet - but as events unwind elsewhere it could get dirty.
Observe, learn and take action - if you can.
18 May 2015, 17:52,
RE: 2007/8 banks baleout
I recommend reading:

"The Long Emergency" by James Howard Kunstler, and
"The Long Descent" by John Michael Greer

(Both available as e-books for Kindle)

Both describe the predicament we currently face of dwindling resources, maxed-out debt and over-population. Both describe a "slow motion train crash" kind of collapse over many years, the true extent of which won't really be evident until we look back on it. Greer likens it to tumbling down a mountain-side, in which you don't dive straight to the bottom, but rather make your way down in a series of fits and starts. The whole thing is chaotic and unpredictable.

So, yes, 2008 will probably be looked back on as a fairly significant "bump" on the descent. The mass migrations we are now seeing will probably also be seen as evidence of the fall.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.