Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007/8 banks baleout
17 May 2015, 09:20,
2007/8 banks baleout
question.
too you was the bank crash of 2007/8 what we would call an event or shtf its the kind of thing that preppers / survivalists go on about all the time.
7/8 years later are we over it or is it just starting.

are we living through shtf now......
Survive the jive (youtube )
17 May 2015, 09:33,
RE: 2007/8 banks baleout
I haven't personally come across anyone who was affected by it, maybe most people I know haven't got much money anyway. the Northern Rock crash affected a few I guess but nobody I know. I think the "austerity" measures had more effect than any bank crash.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 May 2015, 10:29,
Simple answer for 'me' is no.

But if the banks hadn't been bailed out, it could have been very different.... but we'll never know.

As for not affecting us, well it has, every single one of us! VAT went up from 17.5% to 20%, there have been cuts to services, pension allowances, tax increases etc.
17 May 2015, 10:36,
We have all been hit by it as Dev said.

I don't believe all the banks would have gone under. Many banks went for money when they realised it was going but soon stepped back when they seen the conditions. It was a gov takeover after all. They suffered because they were greedy but like us they can't just keep borrowing so tightened their belts and went on. A couple were too far gone and are now in Gov control. If they had let them fair, like many have before, then it would have been a lot easier but they decided they can ignore the laws of economics and they are almost as rigid as the laws of physics.

Another massive gov fuck up that we are going to be paying for some time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 May 2015, 11:10,
personally speaking I haven't seen much difference, prices may have gone up a bit but prices always do whether there is some "crisis" or not. savings rates are rubbish. I don't pay tax. life goes on.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 May 2015, 11:19,
some prepers keep on telling us theirs more to come , economic meltdown , do you believe it , is printing more and more cash the answer.
Survive the jive (youtube )
17 May 2015, 11:28,
I don't think QE is the answer. economic collapse is one of the things on my SHTF list.
17 May 2015, 12:41, (This post was last modified: 17 May 2015, 12:42 by Devonian.)
Is economic collapse possible, yes. Look at Argentina as a classic example of economic collapse causing the STHTF.

But I don't think it is a reality for us in the near future at least.

But stranger things have happened, and who knows what will happen if Greece defaults and then Spain or Portugal follow and the Euro goes..... but even then, I think we will be better protected, but not immune from the consequences.
17 May 2015, 12:50,
its going to be interesting to see what happens when Greece defaults, lots of debts there, I wonder how the EU will cope. I think Germany is getting fed up of being the paymaster for all the lesser countries. good job the UK is outside the Euro.
17 May 2015, 18:45,
Simple one from why i sit................ YES!