Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Top Five Ways to Detect a Car Bomb
9 January 2012, 13:30,
The Top Five Ways to Detect a Car Bomb
http://www.listmyfive.com/ac27c1e2/The-T...a-Car-Bomb

A car bomb is an improvised explosive device. There are two basic types of car bombs used in terrorist bombings. The first is generally a small device placed either in the interior or exterior of your car, in an inconspicuous location, and it's designed to hurt YOU. These bombs are often triggered with a remote device: cell phone, pressure switch, motion detector, timer, etc. The second type is when the trunk or bed of the vehicle is packed with explosives. This type of bomb intends the car to be the transportation and cover for a bomb intended to take down a larger piece of property. The following are ways to tell if your car has one of the latter type bombs planted on or in it.
Alert to Suspicious Seeming Loiterers

1) Pay attention to anybody hanging around nearby whose body language or behavior makes you suspicious, particularly if you have reason to suspect any type of threat. A stranger "casually" hanging out nearby could be waiting for the opportunity to detonate a bomb with a remote device.
Visually Inspect Vehicle

2) Always be alert to anything that might seem unusual or out of place. Study the ground where the vehicle is parked. Do you see footprints, signs where a jack was used, discarded pieces of wire? Does the car seem to have been moved from where you left it? Do the doors, trunk of hood appear to have been forced open? Are any of the windows cracked or broken? Get on the ground and scan the undercarriage of the car. Notice he wheels, wheel arches and door sills. Does anything look tampered with? Do you see scratches, wires or cables hanging loose? Have the lug nuts been loosened or objects pushed inside the hubcaps? When looking beneath the car, pay extra attention to the area around the gas tank and tail pipe. A favorite tactic is to place a bomb in such a way that it creates a gas tank explosion.
Look Through the Windows

3) Do you notice anything inside the vehicle that seems out of place? Are the seats where you left them? Can you tell if the positions of any of the internal switches have been changed? Do you see anything suspicious looking that was not present in the car when you left it? Do the floor mats appear to have been moved? Are they dirtier than when you left them?
Cautiously Open the Doors, Trunk and Hood

4)Open the trunk first, very slowly, checking for any suspicious looking wiring that should not be there. Check around and beneath the spare tire. Look into the wall of the trunk around the gas tank and make sure nothing unfriendly has taken up residence there. Check all compartments. Next, check all the doors and the interior of the car. Open each door very slowly and carefully. Check the hinges of each door for any suspicious wires. Once the doors have been opened, carefully search the interior. Check every crevice, every recess, and beneath the seats. Check the ashtrays, glove box and console, and music players. Last, check beneath the hood. It is best if you have a second person to help you do this ... one person should release the hood from the interior while the other holds it down and prevents it from bouncing up too rapidly. Once the hood is open, make a thorough check of the engine compartment. Make sure the washer fluid and radiator compartments are filled with the fluids they are intended to carry.
Start the Car and Listen For any Suspicious Sounds

5) Listen carefully for any unusual noises once you have started the car. As you drive away, start slowly and pay attention to the engine sounds. Do the gears feel normal? Does the car handle as it should? Any aberration from how the car felt the previous time you drove it cold possibly indicate the presence of an undetected bomb.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
9 January 2012, 13:45,
RE: The Top Five Ways to Detect a Car Bomb
I do have some advice from where I worked previously on this but I've found that in practical terms it takes a while to check this. Only those in certain employment will do so and even they skimp.

It is a bit like checking tyres, lights, indicators before each journey. Think about it, who does that before every journey? I may do it when I remember or before major journeys when I load up but every trip? No way.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin