Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW TOY! Knife? Machette? Axe?
25 May 2015, 12:00,
NEW TOY! Knife? Machette? Axe?
Here it is! Another new baby! I got it from Blades UK, in Lincolnshire.

DEETS:

>>> £47.00.
>>> 15 inches long.
>>> 7(YES, SEVEN)mm thick.
>>> Titanium coated, for reduced corrosion in the field.
>>> It weighs around 2 - 2.5 pounds.

It's like a cross between a knife, a machette and an axe, and I'm inclined to think it would serve the purpose of all three very ably.

It's beautifully balanced and, once owned, it'd be loved and never replaced.

Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
25 May 2015, 13:07,
RE: NEW TOY! Knife? Machette? Axe?
At 7mm it can also be used as a crowbar I would think.

Sounds like a real tool and not some of the toys we get here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 May 2015, 08:38,
No doubt, it could...the strength of the blade has shocked me. I tried to bend it and it just plain refuses to bend. Sometimes, if a blade doesn't bend, that's a sign that it just might break, but I don't think so - not with this chunky monster! I think I'll probably buy a second one.

When anything great is made or just available, in Britain, you can guarantee that it will soon no longer be made, or will become very unavailable, so it pays to buy while you can. This is one of those items.
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
26 May 2015, 11:55,
I've just bought one as well as some other toys. There is a reason I don't go to these sites just to browse.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 May 2015, 03:17,
Is that because you end up spending way too much on just the right level of "new-toyness"!?

What the Hell? Pamper yourself!

You can always sit in a shopping area with a cup and a sign and pay for it all in one day! Smile
27 May 2015, 11:40,
I always find other things to buy while I am browsing. This trip cost £390+.
Skean Dhude
27 May 2015, 15:38,
I have a Kershaw knife that comes with an interchangable wood saw blade. It's really a neat setup!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!