Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kershaw Camp 14 Machette...
27 May 2015, 08:19,
The Kershaw Camp 14 Machette...
Hi, Guys...

There's no error in judgement for this. It's just gorgeous and I've actually had a number of these since a couple of months before Christmas. I just completely forgot to post about them.

I'll quote the details thingy from the Blades UK web site, itself - that says it all far better than I can.

"20" Overall with a 14" sharpened, black powder coated 65MN carbon tool steel blade. Full tang. Grey contoured composition handles with a black rubberized sure-grip overmold. Hand guard. Dual lanyard holes. Black moulded composition belt sheath with black nylon straps."

While I've no idea what 65MN carbon actually means, fellers, I can tell you that it's just...GORGEOUS! That's why I bought THREE of them, and I've not stopped, yet!

BEAUTIFUL forward-bias on a casual hold, as you'd expect from a good (and, in this case, delightfully heavy) machette. The grip is like glue to keep hold of. The blade thickness is around 4-5mm.

If you manage to find a model 1076, it'll be in a cardboard box, along with its hard plastic sheath (multi-mode fastenings/fixings).

If you've ordered a model 1076X, the only difference is that it's going to be in pretty tough, see-through packaging with the sheath on the back. Identical items, either way, so don't worry.

Ian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
27 May 2015, 08:44,
RE: The Kershaw Camp 14 Machette...
that's the second advert/review from you in as many days. are you on a retainer?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 May 2015, 08:52,
BigPaul...

It's the 3rd, in a way, because in the throwing knives post, I mention, I think, that I've now bought some larger knives than those training blades and they're all from the same supplier.

I glow over the supplier because of the great terms and service - terms and service that I've never experienced from any other supplier, online, or anywhere else, to be frank.

If there's a problem, just tell me.

Ian.
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
27 May 2015, 09:11,
(27 May 2015, 08:52)Ian Haines Wrote: I glow over the supplier because of the great terms and service - terms and service that I've never experienced from any other supplier, online, or anywhere else.

yeah right.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 May 2015, 09:16,
Would you care to just come right out and tell me what's on your mind, BigPaul?
27 May 2015, 09:23,
there have been so many posts from you, in fact most of your posts seem to be along these lines. I think your a plant, a salesman.
27 May 2015, 09:28, (This post was last modified: 27 May 2015, 09:39 by Ian Haines.)
I've just made a complaint about this, so let's see how it plays out, from here.

I bought the Kershaws a couple of months before Christmas and I, unlike you, can actually prove what I'm saying to be fact. Why would I, if I'm "...a plant, a salesman.", wait all that time before posting about them, given how much stronger my delight with them would have been, back then, when I ordered extras of them?

Also..."..., in fact most of your posts seem to be along these lines." I'm housebound and cannot send things back to where they come from.

In addition...I'm a collector of European swords, Japanese swords and combat knives. That's why my posts are crammed with pride at owning these things. The reason why I personally favour Blades UK is that the lad there knows of my situation and has always guided me away from a bad buy for me, frequently even if it means absolutely no sale at all.

Also, he's offered to have a courier pick up items that are not what I thought they'd be, so that I needn't be downhearted about them, although, so far, I've declined his very kind offer. I glow about that service and I glow about my bought items (whether posted about right away, or later on) because they're my most precious belongings.

Did I leave anything out, Paul?
27 May 2015, 11:43,
Ian,

I bet you wish you were on commission as I just spent nearly £400 there.

BP,

Not everyone has hidden motives. Review of tools and shops is one of the things this forum is for and we need more of them so we have a good idea on what is good and what is not.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 May 2015, 12:55, (This post was last modified: 27 May 2015, 13:21 by bigpaul.)
I'm just naturally suspicious SD.

as for knives, take a look at: http://www.knifewarehouse.co.uk and check out the "British Army Combat Knife"(and no I don't work for the company)£29.99 I'm going to get one of these when funds allow.