Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugging Out Of The UK
30 June 2015, 23:23,
RE: Bugging Out Of The UK
As I already wrote, bugging out of the UK is a very remote possibility for me, however as a boatbuilder who lives close to, and works in, a port I have access to transport and the ability to use it. Who fancies the Azores ?
1 July 2015, 08:07,
Aye...you talked me into it Steve, got my sea legs...ready to roll any time !....i can even eat a full English in a force ten !
1 July 2015, 08:29,
Not for me for a number of reasons touched upon by someone else
principally 'instinct' which comes back to a number of things. In the UK I know the place, where to scrabble to get stuff. the culture.

Plus the fact that ny health is no longer what it was after a major heart attack in February -- I'm still recovering -- I;m soon going for my pension and moving

Tally Ho
1 July 2015, 17:07,
A good heart attack will bring a prepper back to reality in a skipped heartbeat!

Rehab, maintenance meds, new limitations and the sudden realization that you are now on the "90% will die in the first year" list really affect your perspective.

No more bugging out to the woods to live the next 50 years like a caveman.

If you follow the doctors recommendations there is hope. I am 11 years post heart attack and all I am not able to do is the hard crap I always hated doing anyway!

Pray for "normalcy" to continue. That is your real survival.
1 July 2015, 20:43,
Sorry to hear that RS i am sure you will come good ! i am now slurping a large H B cream ..think positive girl !
1 July 2015, 23:41,
One of my plans is to bug out from the UK to Norway, only 300 miles by boat if they get bad.

But we're talking really bad as in everywhere south becoming uninhabitable.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
2 July 2015, 01:56,
(1 July 2015, 23:41)Bucket Wrote: One of my plans is to bug out from the UK to Norway, only 300 miles by boat if they get bad.

But we're talking really bad as in everywhere south becoming uninhabitable.

Presumably 300 miles across the North Sea. ..... I think I'd take my chances on terra firma ;-)
2 July 2015, 07:55,
my 2 ex brothers in law drowned on a coaster in the north sea, bodies were never found. i'm with Devonian on this, i'll stick to terra firma thank you very much.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2015, 23:29,
If you leave you become a migrant or worse still a fugee ...lowest rung on the ladder add in foreign and you are at the bottom of the pile clinging tenaciously to that bottom rung....unless you are self supporting/funded or you have benefactors/sponsors then all I see is a shit position in a foreign land where depending on wether you're fluent in the lingo you will be seriously disadvantaged...if you're lucky you will end up in a camp having food/water and healthcare sporadically provided...unlucky could be dead in a ditch just because you're different.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
3 July 2015, 08:22,
couldn't agree more, better to stick to your own kind and your own language, at least we know the customs and how people will react. for myself I cant see me ever leaving Devon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.